Is/will be SARA and CIRPSCS the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
According to the system information for SARA in the database:

“What is the SARA Network?” Here’s a quick overview and update to the SARA Network. SARA stands for Shared Area Radio Agreement. SARA is the connection of dozens of 700 MHz and 800 MHz P25 trunking (both Phase I and Phase II) radio towers (both simulcast and multicast) across the state that are owned and controlled by multiple local jurisdictions and some by RACOM. The SARA network started with the seamless connection of the P25 networks in Johnson and Linn Counties and has now grown to P25 networks in multiple Iowa Counties. Other counties include: Polk, Marshall, Grundy, Black Hawk, Iowa, Dubuque, and Jasper."

It seems to me that the system now known as CIRPSCS is mostly used by agencies who were/are on the legacy RACOM network, including public safety users in Grundy, Polk, Blackhawk, Dubuque and Marshall counties.

Any thoughts or knowledge on whether these systems are/will be one and the same?

And, would anyone care to speculate if this system would eventually become affiliated or a part of ISICS in some fashion?

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Tim!

I tried opening the link from the database page and kept getting an error message.

That answers many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.