New to scanners. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlbever

Hello everyone, I recently got a scanner given to me. I have tried watching a couple YouTube videos on how to program it but have failed every time. I was hoping someone on here could walk me through the steps. Every video I watch I get the frequency set but can’t find some number (can’t remeber what they call it) after that on the website. I live in Clarke County and would like to listen to my local police, sheriff and local state patrol. I have absolutely zero knowledge about scanners. The model that was given to me is a Uniden BCD396xt APCO 25. If someone could guide me along to get set up I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin

iascanguy

Hello everyone, I recently got a scanner given to me. I have tried watching a couple YouTube videos on how to program it but have failed every time. I was hoping someone on here could walk me through the steps. Every video I watch I get the frequency set but can’t find some number (can’t remeber what they call it) after that on the website. I live in Clarke County and would like to listen to my local police, sheriff and local state patrol. I have absolutely zero knowledge about scanners. The model that was given to me is a Uniden BCD396xt APCO 25. If someone could guide me along to get set up I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Justin

Clarke County Sheriff is using DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) which the 396XT cannot decode. The database https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=804 does not show any APCO 25 in the county, not sure if there is any P25 digital close enough for you to hear. You should be able to listen to the state patrol (they are analog), check the database https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=618 to see which site(s) is nearest to you and program those frequencies.

You might also want to check out Freescan software FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software to help program and back up your scanner.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.