Aircraft formation training

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
There seems to be two groups of aircraft doing formation training today SW of the Olathe/Gardner area.

I had the first group on 122.975. They flew over me a few times and looked to be three V tail Beechcraft and some sort of twin engine. They were in a tight formation doing turns but just now said they were tired and were going in.

I haven't seen the second group but they are on 122.725 and are referred to as Echo 1 through 4. The lead guy is giving them tips on power settings and turns etc... they just said they doing echelon turn training.

Now 122.475 popped up. I'm thinking this might be a side channel that the instructor is using to give individual instruction to certain aircraft. He seems to be giving in depth tips to one certain guy but it sounds like a different group as well since the lead from 122.725 was talking while 122.475 was active.

122.725 just mentioned New Century airport and it sounds like one guy might be going in.

Last edited:

bchappuie

Looks like there's a formation flyover for the Chiefs game tomorrow. 19 aircraft with some pink smoke for breast cancer awareness. video article on kcstar.com

Status
Not open for further replies.