OZ 30 & KANG

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
Anyone notice that OZ 30 uses different radios, I'm seeing different ID's from time to time. It's not the only KANG unit to do this, I have multiple ID entries for other callsigns...

I'm assuming OZ 30 are the commanders (I've heard both male and female voices) & they just all share that OZ 30 identifier.

About the other units, Scout 3, for example, seems to be the same person & radio every time. However, SUNFLOWER 03 has used different radios to call in on the Wednesday radio test. I can't tell if it's different users but I do know it's different radios. That makes me wonder if it's a unit call sign rather than an individual...

Anyone shed some light on this?

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I've not been following them. I do remember there was the cast of The Wizard of Oz, as call signs. Tinman, Scarecrow and couple others I can't remember.

nec911

What you are hearing is the Joint Operations Center at the State Defense Complex. They simulcast on both KSICS as well as on Military VHF and UHF. (413.525 is one of them I have seen used during exercises)

Depending on the time of day and the circumstances it is the either the duty officer themselves and/or the J-6 radio operator for the duty officer.

Oz refers to "Operations" and the number following refers to the region. Scarecrow is the "Scouts"

Most of time they only put non-secured information out on KSICS. If they have something that needs to be secured they go over to their encrypted UHF.

nec911

Sorry I do not know 100%.

The radios we used and use when we are out there on exercises have the channel name for the most part although one of the retired guys told me he remembered two of them being 406.3625 and 408.7625 and the one above I told you was wrong, it is 413.5625

I believe they are still encrypting them though because they were having issues putting them in the Harris Tri-bands they bought to work on the KSICS and as well as their VHF/UHF freqs at the same time.

joeuser

The Wretched
Sorry I do not know 100%.

The radios we used and use when we are out there on exercises have the channel name for the most part although one of the retired guys told me he remembered two of them being 406.3625 and 408.7625 and the one above I told you was wrong, it is 413.5625

I believe they are still encrypting them though because they were having issues putting them in the Harris Tri-bands they bought to work on the KSICS and as well as their VHF/UHF freqs at the same time.

Thanx. These aren't on repeaters though, right?

nec911

joeuser

I am not sure. I have not had a lot of time lately to study it. I am in the PhD program with one of the folks from out there. I will see if I can coax her into giving me some more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.