Another County moving to P25...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruver911

Ford County and Dodge City look to replace radio system | Local News - Home

DODGE CITY, Kan. -
For years, Ford County Sheriff Bill Carr and Dodge City Police Chief Craig Mellecker have pushed to replace the county and city's radio system used by their agencies along with the fire and EMS services.

* Please review our policy on reposting news articles. I've included the first paragraph of the story. Thanks! *

Last edited by a moderator:

Redneck0410

Ford County Upgrade

Since it has been a few months since the last update on these forums, does anyone in the western half of the state have any kind of update on a possible rollout date for Ford County or has everything been put on hold for the moment?

-Shawn

peterjmag

According to the Ford County 911 Facebook the the switch over was made at 5:00 P.M. today with no issues. Welcome to KSICS Ford County. Let the scanning begin ;-)

peppernut

Scanner chatter for new 800 possible?

Is there any scanners available that would be able to un-encrypt the new 800 digital channels so that we could get our scanner info back? I miss my scanner a LOT. I don't feel safe without it.

shocker81

There is no way to un-encrypt scanner frequencies. Besides it is a Federal Offense to modify a radio to listen to encryption even if it was possible to do which it is not.

rivera293

Is there any scanners available that would be able to un-encrypt the new 800 digital channels so that we could get our scanner info back? I miss my scanner a LOT. I don't feel safe without it.

Ford county is encrypted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
I did find talkgroup 599 which is encrypted but I don't know who it is. It is not listed anywhere in the KSICS database and doesn't necessarily belong to anyone in Ford County.

troymail

Silent Key

rivera293

No I don’t think so. I’ve received FCSO and DCPD traffic in buckling tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.