BCD996P2 on KSICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck0410

I know I have a somewhat unusual request, but I would like to know if anyone has attempted to download the entire KSICS system in this scanner, and if so, would anyone be willing to share a file in either ARC-XT, Freescan, or Proscan formats that I can use?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

More than anything, I am looking for opinions on whether the way I am setting up my scanner is the way to go with how the memory layout is on this scanner. Here's my idea: According to the Wiki, the Highway Patrol is divided into 7 troops. Since Troop A in KC and Troop B/Capitol Police are basically neighbors and cover just a small area I was going to combine those into one bank. Now that that is out of the way, the other troops cover a larger area, so I was planning to use the banks as follows: One for the Northwest corner of the state (Troop D), one for the North Central part of the state (Troop C), and so on and so forth. That way, when I travel, I can just dial in one bank for the area I will be in. Ideas?

-Shawn

Stupidfatkid

More than anything, I am looking for opinions on whether the way I am setting up my scanner is the way to go with how the memory layout is on this scanner. Here's my idea: According to the Wiki, the Highway Patrol is divided into 7 troops. Since Troop A in KC and Troop B/Capitol Police are basically neighbors and cover just a small area I was going to combine those into one bank. Now that that is out of the way, the other troops cover a larger area, so I was planning to use the banks as follows: One for the Northwest corner of the state (Troop D), one for the North Central part of the state (Troop C), and so on and so forth. That way, when I travel, I can just dial in one bank for the area I will be in. Ideas?

-Shawn

What if you were on the border between two Troops? Why not put all the KHP talkgroups in one group?

Redneck0410

What if you were on the border between two Troops? Why not put all the KHP talkgroups in one group?
With some of the areas I programmed, it is not possible due to space constraints within the scanner (namely, only 20 "groups" are allowed per trunked system). In order to do what it was you suggested, I would need to create several instances of the same system. I would however activate two neighboring areas should I find myself on the edge of two neighboring KHP troops. That is the only alternative I see to that situation. If the KSICS system was a little smaller I don't think I'd see a problem with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.