Troop F

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees6161

I really haven’t resolved anything. Now it seems to be silent for 3-4 hours at a time. I’m using a radio shack 800mhz antenna I also swap to a rh77 diamond. Results are the same. I have the TRX-1. Any suggestions?

Redneck0410

I really haven’t resolved anything. Now it seems to be silent for 3-4 hours at a time. I’m using a radio shack 800mhz antenna I also swap to a rh77 diamond. Results are the same. I have the TRX-1. Any suggestions?
There are times where it is silent like that, so I'm starting to think it's not an issue with your scanner since you said all other traffic is fine. If you get out and about around Hutch, you might take that TRX-1 with you and see if your reception improves. From where I am on the southwest side of the city, I hit the KDOT tower no problem but the Partridge tower is essentially dead in the water.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

I’ll give that try
You might also check and make sure everything is up to date on it (firmware, etc.) It shouldn't affect the operation but with all the technological advances in these scanners in the last few years I wouldn't put it past Whistler.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Redneck0410

I’m interested to hear about what you find. Troop F is loud and clear this morning

So far, it has been hooked up for about 10 minutes with Pro96com running. I have set my scanner to just monitor the Hutchinson tower and so far I have a handful of radios that are affiliated on the Hutch tower that are on KHP F2, which is the channel they use here in Reno County, as referenced in the map found here: http://wiki.radioreference.com/images/a/af/KHP-Digital_Zone_Map.jpg. The way the radio system here works is something like this: A Reno County EMS unit has to do an inter-hospital transfer from Hutch Regional to Wichita. They park their radio on Reno Fire/EMS talkgroup. Once they reach the hospital in Wichita, they call in on that talkgroup (transmitting on the Wichita tower) that they have arrived at the receiving hospital. Someone in Wichita who happens to have that talkgroup in their scanner would hear that traffic because they have essentially dragged their talkgroup onto the Hutch tower. All the while, they have affiliated to Wichita's tower as they have a KSICS tower in Wichita as well. The problem you seem to be having reads to me as if it's possibly a signal issue, but without your actual radio physically in my hand and side-by-side with mine (or vice versa) I unfortunately won't be able to further diagnose your radio issues.

yankees6161

I appreciate that info. I am by no means a pro with this scanner or programming, I used the EZ Scan software to find what frequencies I wanted to monitor and downloaded to my SD card. I have had this scanner for about 3 months and still learning.Not sure what scanners you own and use but maybe we could get together or you could give me a call some time 620-200-8081

Status
Not open for further replies.