KU Medical Center Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

fast2okc

Database Admin
I received a submission that says the KU Medical Center analog trunked system (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=370) has gone dark and may have been replaced by a digital system.

Can anyone confirm this and if so, what frequencies they are using?

Or if they have migrated to another system?

Thanks,

fast2okc
Kansas database admin
RadioReference.com

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I received a submission that says the KU Medical Center analog trunked system (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=370) has gone dark and may have been replaced by a digital system.

Can anyone confirm this and if so, what frequencies they are using?

Or if they have migrated to another system?

Thanks,

fast2okc
Kansas database admin
RadioReference.com

Last I heard is that they were in the process of transitioning over to a new Phase II P25 system independent of KSICS. No firm switchover date was given.

nec911

I believe they are going to 800 Digital P25. They bought a bunch of Tait Radios for the system
In talking to their folks over there they were going to have a link to KSICS but it is not going to be on KSICS.

mgolden2

They have their own, independent P25 system. I do not know the freqs but I can confirm it is now operational.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

I programmed that one, and it doesn't appear to be it (they used that license to operate their analog Motorola system.). No P25 control channel sounds or activity on Pro96com from my location (approx 15 miles from KUMC). The new system could be operating at low power (just enough to cover the hospital campus. If that's the case I wouldn't pickup anything from here. I watched activity on the KCK MARRS tower for about 45 minutes and no new talkgroups popped up.

It seems odd that nothing regarding the new digital system has appeared in the FCC database.

pdmedic

New system details have been posted. Same frequencies as before however it is now a 2 site simulcast system with lower antennas to better penetrate the buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.