Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim13888

I am very new scanner radios. As you can see this is my 1st post.
But I was wondering if anyone could send me the frequency list so I could upload it to my scanner? Or point me in the right direction where I could download it and then I can upload it to my scanner without having to pay for. I plan on becoming a member to radio reference, I just don't have the money right now. I have a uniden bct15x and I live in Jefferson county/Louisville. Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Other than for suburban fire dispatch (tone alerting), everything in Jefferson County is digital and your scanner will not decode digital.

There are very few public safety agencies in this area that you can monitor with your scanner: Oldham County, Shelby County (fire and EMS) and Bullitt County.

n5ims

I am very new scanner radios. As you can see this is my 1st post.
But I was wondering if anyone could send me the frequency list so I could upload it to my scanner? Or point me in the right direction where I could download it and then I can upload it to my scanner without having to pay for. I plan on becoming a member to radio reference, I just don't have the money right now. I have a uniden bct15x and I live in Jefferson county/Louisville. Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Although the prior post did provide you with some good information (although it could also be seen as bad since it indicated that your scanner can't pick up your local public safety agencies) it really didn't answer your specific question (e.g. where can you get the frequency list at no cost). The good news for that is you're 95% already there. On the menu above, click the "Databases" button and then "Frequency Database" menu option. This will bring up a map where you can click your state (in the rare case you get another country, select "United States" under the Choose Country selection near the right side of the page).

Once the Kentucky (or other desired state) page displays, select Jefferson County (or other desired county) and that page will display (a direct link to your indicated county is here --> https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1044 <--). You can then see what agencies are listed that cover that county. The conventional sites are listed first and the trunked systems are listed at the bottom of the page (although links are also placed in appropriate areas where conventional frequencies are listed to better help you find agencies that have both conventional and trunked systems in use).

One thing to remember is that for agencies that may have both conventional and trunked systems listed, most of their traffic may be on the trunked system while the conventional frequencies may be there for backup use, interop use (where multiple agencies must talk to each other), or the conventional freqs may be their old ones that may no longer be in use although still licensed.

jim13888

Everything hasn't switched over to digital yet. I get somethings in the metro area when I have it on reg scan, Also i'm going to do a discriminator tap soon, once I get the time. The Scanner I have now is just to get back into scanners. Also i got it really cheap., So if i mess it up I won't be to upset. I plan on getting a digital scanner in the coming months. But i would like the areas frequencies so i can have them when i do the tap or up grade

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
See: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1044

The two police channels are patches between the "old" system and two of the four main police talkgroups on the new system.

The remaining channels are used infrequently, except for the Suburban Fire Dispatch channel. "Infrequently" means you can go days or weeks without hearing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.