help in richmond kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog123456654321

Premium Subscriber
I programed my pro 106 with p25 talk is breaking up not able to hear well any setting I need to help this???

bulldog123456654321

Premium Subscriber
450 people seen my post no one helps wow

cant believe no one in Richmond ky or what cant wrap my mind aroud this

troymail

Silent Key
Assuming this is the system you are trying to monitor:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6750

the description of your issue is probably:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion

Additionally, and again, assuming the system above is the one in question, the misc information posted with the system also suggests custom trunking table programming as well:

This system utilizes two DIFFERENT P25 (9600 Baud) Custom Trunking Tables depending on which zone is being monitored.

This requires the two zones to be programmed as two DIFFERENT SYSTEMS for most scanners.

The PSR-800 and PRO-18 can be programmed as one system, but each ZONE must have the appropriate Trunking Table entered.

The NORTH ZONE is a 10-channel Linear Simulcast Mode (LSM) system that consists of eight sites utilizing the same frequencies.
For the NORTH ZONE, use the following Trunking Table:
Base Freq: 851.0125 Mhz
Offset: 0
Spacing: 12.500 KHz
Lo Channel = 0
Hi Channel = 4095

The SOUTH ZONE is a 10-channel multi-cast system that covers the south central section of the county around Berea.
For the SOUTH ZONE, use the following Trunking Table:
Base Freq: 851.0625 Mhz
Offset: 0
Spacing: 12.500 KHz
Lo Channel = 0
Hi Channel = 4095

The Multi-site setting should be set to OFF.

It is also recommended that ONLY the control channel frequencies be programmed for each individual zone being monitored (NORTH or SOUTH).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I can't speak for the other 449 people, but the reason why I didn't respond:

I'm not familiar with your model scanner and the Richmond system appears to be elaborate where local knowledge is needed on the specifics of what does and doesn't work. Perhaps there are few, if any, folks here that have enough knowledge to feel comfortable in helping.

bulldog123456654321

Premium Subscriber
cool I have a pro 96 it is garbled up I hear them but not very clear it is p25 need a file that is clear I have tried writing and changing everything hours and hours my state police is clear as a bell

troymail

Silent Key
Ok - I'm happy to try and help if there is anything that can be done. The main issues I suspect that are causing problems (some already mentioned) are:

- custom trunking tables that are different between the two sites

- suspected simulcast distortion -- there is not really much you can do about it with a PRO-106 - it is what it is

So, I need to know some things:

- how did you program the PRO-106? Keypad? Software? If software, which software? I assume you have/use Win500 since you are asking for a p500 file. Did you create that file or did someone else do it for you?

- did you program in the custom trunking tables that are indicated on the system's page?

- with your existing PRO-106 programming, are you hearing at least some good voice at times and garbling at other times- or not receiving at all?

bulldog123456654321

Premium Subscriber
win 500 software imported from here two seprate files north and south I do here some things I hear like one side of conversations dispatch but not the officers talking back sometimes officers talking to dispatch with dispatch not awnsering im trying hard to get this I have programed channels in conventional I have tried many different things

troymail

Silent Key
win 500 software imported from here two seprate files north and south I do here some things I hear like one side of conversations dispatch but not the officers talking back sometimes officers talking to dispatch with dispatch not awnsering im trying hard to get this I have programed channels in conventional I have tried many different things

I'm going to send you an email with a Win500 file to try.... I'd like to see the file you are currently using on your radio if you can send that to me as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.