Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

army_flea

I have a Uniden BC72XLT I can't get it to pick up any Public safety frequencies. It will pick the weather frequency but that's it. Sometimes it stops on frequencies but all I get is static. When I first bought the scanner 3 years ago it worked great. I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong with it or is it just out dated.

shadcall

What system are you trying to scan? According to the owners manual for that model it only scans up to 512 MHz. While there may be public safety agencies that you can scan depending on the system you want to listen too, there will be many you cannot listen too because of the limitations of your scanner. This includes anything in the 800 MHz range and digital transmissions.

Once we know what you want to listen too we can offer answers for your situation.

army_flea

Help

Well I would like to listen to the public safety frequencies for Simpson and warren counties. I would like to know more about the hertz? It picks up stations but most of the time it’s static.

army_flea

Help

I was wondering if I can pick up public safety frequencies with a Radio Shack Pro-94?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
With most Public Service going DIGITAL like KSP P25 DIGITAL, others going to DMR DIGITAL, and others going to NXDN. Warren has a P25 Type 1 and type 2 system plus some DMR systems. Simpson County is all Analog and LTR systems. It would be time to invest in new scanners $350 to $500.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I was wondering if I can pick up public safety frequencies with a Radio Shack Pro-94?
Definately outdated. It was made by Uniden in the late 90s. It won't receive those LTR systems it's too old. It was state of the art when it came out for trunked and EDACS systems but trunked systems went through rebanding and EDACS systems are no longer supported by their manufacturer. It will hear the analog conventional frequencies though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.