• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MAJOR Update for TK-x180 series radios

Do you think Kenwood will start making MDC-1200 an option on future radios?

• Yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Kenwood has finally done it. The TK-x180 series radios got a firmware/software update that allows the user to program it for MDC-1200 signalling. You no longer have to install an optional board. I wonder how many of the radios Kenwood will firmware/software update for MDC-1200.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I like it. just updated the firmware on some radios i had that i could not use for work because of no mdc.

Wish they had a way to change the sidetone on the radio but that more of a personal preference.

Frank

To my knowledge, the TK-x180 series and TK-5x10 P25 series radios are the only ones that have been upgraded to do MDC-1200. Surely with the TK-2170 being a newer model radio only a few years old, they will upgrade it as well to do MDC-1200.

Funny thing is the Nexedge radios won't do MDC-1200 yet. So, who knows.

pddispatcher

Trying to get my 2180 to accept the 921E Checksum firmware.

I put the radio in Firmware programming mode by pushing S and turning on at same time.

It displays PROG 115200

Open Fpro.exe, find the .HEX file and push Write. Program acts like it is writing but the radio does nothing.

Still showing the old checksum as well and yes, I do have the correct COM Port selected.

Thoughts?

SCPD

QRT
try switching the programming speed to the next slower speed. be carefull with programming the new firmware in i heard that it older radios it may fry the cpu

pddispatcher

Got it adjusted the rate to 19200 and it accepted it fine and then imported the information from the 7180 to the 2180 and had a fully programmed radio in 5 minutes.

Thanks

Captain715

Might it be possible for someone to drop me a copy of the current firmware? Also, what is the current version of the KPG89D software, I am running 1.60.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
KPG89D is current at v1.60
Firmware for X180 is now listed as F1FF (v1.20).
Update states "Applied "baud rate guard" for MDC-1200".
I have firmware zip.

SCPD

QRT
I would like a copy as well.
My local Kenwood dealer has turned into an A-Hole. He wants to charge me 100 bux just to do one radio, and I've got 5 of them.

so they figured out the problem with the baud rate settings between fleetsync and MDC-1200, eh? I thought it was kinda funny when my tech programmed his radio for the MDC-1200 right after getting the 921E checksum firmware and his radio wouldn't encode/decode MDC-1200. Because the Fleetsync baud rate was set for 2400 when he switched over, the MDC-1200 ran at a baud rate of 2400. Can you imagine the kind of mass hysteria that would be brought on if a few ran MDC-1200 at 2400?!?

sseawright

MDC not a channel signaling option after firmware upgrade.

I have just upgraded my TK-7180 with the latest firmware, it shows the sumcheck 921E in the radio display. In the 1.6 software I am now using, I changed the model information signaling type to MDC1200. When going to the menu, it now shows a menu item for MDC1200, but when editing the channel information, MDC1200 does not show up as an option. Only DTMF and the different 2-Tone options. Any help that you could throw my way would be great appreciated. Thanks.

kf6owc

F1FF Firmware

Can anyone send me the F1FF firmware. I am trying to upgrade my 2180 so I can use the TFS feature. I currently have Version 1.14 but I cant seem to figure out how to change the options in the radio. I have been able to figure out were to do that at. KPG-89D does have it so I figure upgrading the firm ware might work????
Email w7owc AT att DOT net

code3cowboy

I would dig a copy of that firmware. You will need the current version of the programming software to get everything to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.