• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Enabling FPP on a TK-2180

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0WRE

Morning all, I have a TK-2180 that I would like ot be able to use for Ham radio frequencies and wanted to know what it would take to be be able to have the unit front panel programmable? I have the software and this is a model III with full keypad.

Any help?

Thanks

kg4uad

Morning all, I have a TK-2180 that I would like ot be able to use for Ham radio frequencies and wanted to know what it would take to be be able to have the unit front panel programmable? I have the software and this is a model III with full keypad.

Any help?

Thanks

Yes you can, 1st you will need the latest Firmware upgrade uploaded to you 2180, 2nd you will need KPG-89d Version 1.6 in addition to a physical modification done to the radio done either at Kenwood or possibly your dealer if they are high speed. Kenwood now refers to the FPP option in the 2180 as "Tactical Field Set".

73's
kg4uad

N0WRE

I have the firmware and can anyone tell me what the mod is? Please send me off list if you want to. And can the radio be flashed with the programming cable? I have the software and the programming cable.

kg4uad

I have the firmware and can anyone tell me what the mod is? Please send me off list if you want to. And can the radio be flashed with the programming cable? I have the software and the programming cable.

Waiting on my dealer to find out if "they" can do the physical mod or if it has to go back to Kenwood. The firmware can be upgraded with the programming cable. I am also wanting that physical mod please send to me off list if anyone has it.

73s
kg4uad

SCPD

QRT
The modification is a physical hardware mod like the CDF modification for the tk790's that adds more memory to the radio therefore can not be done by a dealer according to kenwood. I guess a kenwood service shop may be able to do it like Silverado does for cal fire but according to my dealer it has to go to the kenwood factory shop in long beach

crazyboy

Does anyone know where I can get the updated firmware to install on my own radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.