• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

radio dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtl828

Does anyone know any reputable Kenwood dealer so i can buy 2 portables?

OC05450R

Premium Subscriber
Some of the best prices I have seen are from http://www.abeep.com their customer service is very good on the phone or through e-mail. You need to create an account and the discounted prices will show up. Good luck. Which portables were you looking to purchase?-JOEYD

Thayne

A majority of the local reps only sell to dealers so as to protect those relationships; so an online might be the best deal for an individual.

mtl828

I am just shopping around to see the best price on kenwood portables. i have been thinking about to buy 2 so I just want to deal with a very reputable company On that last web site i didnt seem to see any kenwood radios. Did i seem to miss that?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Craig is primarily a dealer for Icom but he has access to kenwood as well.
N9ZAS

mtl828

abeep.com has a problem with their certificate on their website. It is currently expired. Are there any other Kenwood dealers that are reputable to deal with.I'm still look for 2 portables at this current time.

radiofan1

ABeep operates the largest Nexedge trunked system in the world. I'm pretty sure they're more than a little legit.

mtl828

So then if they are that big of a company why is their certificate information say its valid from 3/24/08 to 3/24/09? Wouldn't one think after 8 months they would have gotten a new one?

radiofan1

So then if they are that big of a company why is their certificate information say its valid from 3/24/08 to 3/24/09? Wouldn't one think after 8 months they would have gotten a new one?

Whatever, I was trying(in vain) to help.

I don't see any certificate issue when I go to their website. Maybe it's just you. :roll:

mtl828

The certificate issue appears after you put the radios in the cart and go to checkout. My browser tells me the certificate is out of date.

mtl828

So are there any other authorized dealers for kenwood I cant get it from since abeep.com has yet to update their certificate? I would have bought from them if there certificate was not expired.

Thanks

fineshot1

So are there any other authorized dealers for kenwood I cant get it from since abeep.com has yet to update their certificate? I would have bought from them if there certificate was not expired.

Thanks

This is a common problem on many a web site and has nothing to do with a dealers reputation.
Your making a big deal out of nothing.

EDIT: It would also help if we new where you are located so we could search for a kenwood dealer near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.