• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FleetSync Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQOC472

Okay, im getting ready to send my radio off to be programmed with some new frequencies as well as having the FleetSync PTT ID feature set up. My radio ID is 639 and the fleet number is 106. So should it look like 106-1639 on the display?? Or should it be 106-0639?? Im confused and im getting ready to send the radio shop an email with the frequency info and FleetSync info and i just need to know what to tell the radio shop and i didnt know how this all worked.

chiefwill

The fleetsync has options for alphanumeric display, but that needs to be programmed into all of the radios in the fleet. So you can have your radio ID, your name, your position...it all depends on the standards your "fleet" uses.

SCPD

QRT
It depends on you as well as what chiefwill said.

I just looked at the software for mine and the highest mine will go is 4xxx.
The way i have mine setup is the base radio's are 0xxx, handhelds are 1xxx, mobiles are 2xxx. that way i ca see not only who is talking but also which radio they are on.

Just my 2 cents

73's

phillmobile

It depends on you as well as what chiefwill said.

I just looked at the software for mine and the highest mine will go is 4xxx.
The way i have mine setup is the base radio's are 0xxx, handhelds are 1xxx, mobiles are 2xxx. that way i ca see not only who is talking but also which radio they are on.

Just my 2 cents

73's

i thought radios had to be over 1000 if you set the id list it would display names on the radios not numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.