• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programing Kenwood TK3180

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenSkerker

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if there is an easy ways to program the Kenwood Tk 3180 to the 512 that it holds. I currently have 250. But it wont let me add anymore.Is there a setting i need to change in the Software to program.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
How many Zones/Groups are you using? It sounds like you are using only 1 Zone. In My licensed copy of KPG89D it shows 250 Channels in Zone 1 in a blank data file. I have my 2180 and 3180 setup with various Zones with as many channels in it as I need. You are limited to from what I can see 250 Channels with 1 Zone. If you want more you can add more zones ie Zone 2 would then have 250 channels, and that would pretty much max you out.

BenSkerker

Premium Subscriber
i moved some channels around to different zones so it would be organized by counties but they are not programming. Is there a certain thing i am suppose to change for the keys or something else

Alarms50

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
In the zone edit window, upper right, what do you have for "free area"? If it's zero or nearly so you cannot add any more channels.

BenSkerker

Premium Subscriber
I have plenty of room in the Free area It just wont let program the other zones to the radio.Also when a fire department comes up it shows up as a different department even though its programed as a certain one.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Jeez, don't really have a clue. Nothing in software to set maximum channels. You should be able to add to any zone until it all fills up. After that, an error message will pop up with something like "no memory left". Do you get any error message when adding channels or does it just not allow you to type into the boxes?

Also, what do you mean another department shows up. Is the radios channel/zone not following what is entered in the zone information window?

BenSkerker

Premium Subscriber
I am not getting any error message.It is letting me add other frequencies in other zones but then it wont program to the radio. I am not sure if i should change the key assignments around so they could be added but it not programing anything from the zone 2 at all. Also it comes up as department that is not transmitting and a department that is comes over as the department that is not talking at all.example is department a is dispatching a call and department b i doing nothing its coming up as the department b and they are not going any where.

Status
Not open for further replies.