• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KMC-41 not working on TK-5210

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlidral

I bought a used KMC-41 mic to use on my volunteer department's TK-5210, we have one other KMC-41 that works fine on the radio however we have two people working so we need another one and the department didn't want to purchase another one bought one used, unfortunately the KMC-41 I bought will not work. Nothing appears broken it is in pristine condition and when i push the orange button on the mic it will cause DIRECT 1 to appear on the screen so at least something works however when i do a radio check with the mic doesn't pick up anything. I did some digging to see if an earlier thread would solve my problem and I did see an earlier thread where someone was asking a question about programming a KMC-41, so do I need to reprogram it? Is there a way to do a factory reset? any help would be greatly appreciated.

cabletech

Have you used the 'older' mic on both radio? Does it work correctly on both?

Have you tryed the 'new' mic on the other radio? Does it have the same problems?

There is no programming to be done on the mic except to activeate the orange emergency button.

If you push that button and it is showing direct 1, then push the orange button on the radio and see if it shows the same.

In the main kpg program you can turn to e button on/off and to what channel it will active.

Also, if you put your radio on channel 1, what does the display read? If it normally reads direct 1 then the e button is working correctly

Jlidral

Have you used the 'older' mic on both radio? Does it work correctly on both?

Have you tryed the 'new' mic on the other radio? Does it have the same problems?

There is no programming to be done on the mic except to activeate the orange emergency button.

If you push that button and it is showing direct 1, then push the orange button on the radio and see if it shows the same.

In the main kpg program you can turn to e button on/off and to what channel it will active.

Also, if you put your radio on channel 1, what does the display read? If it normally reads direct 1 then the e button is working correctly

Yes i have used the older mic on both radios i have not used the new mic on all the radios because one is missing we have 3 TK-5210 and 1 TK-5220, i have tried the new mic on all three Tk-5210s.

The orange button on the radio does not cause direct one to appear instead it makes the radio say what channel it is one. When on zone 1 channel one the screen says LC Fire, which is the correct channel, our district unfortunately does not use emergency button.

Jlidral

Fixed

Well i figured i would try an old trick my father taught me that my grandpa had taught him. I took it apart, disconnected all the wires that where connected to the circuit board, via the removable connectors, inspected the wires and connectors found nothing wrong with either of them, so i put it back together. It now works beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.