• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-800 K2

Status
Not open for further replies.

va3bnr

I need help to program my radio i have 2 softwares KPG-111D and both need password to read or write can someone help me.Thanks

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The programming password is in the radio, not the software. Who ever originally programmed the radio should be able to provide the correct password to get around it.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The password is programmed into the radio with the KPG-111. It can be programmed to require password for reading, or reading and writing to the radio.
Whoever programmed the radio put their password in. I do this on all our NX-410's and NX-900's due to issues we've had in the past with shops adding radios to our trunked system without our knowledge.

Kenwood has a version of the KPG-111 that will bypass this password. Rumor has it that it's out there, somewhere, but I don't know for sure where to get it. A Kenwood shop would likely be able to help you, but be prepared to explain and prove where you got the radio from, just in case.

I don't have that version of software. I don't know anyone who does. The surest way to solve this is to take the radio to a Kenwood shop and explain to them what is going on. They may be able to help you, or they may be able to send it back to Kenwood.

Good luck!

cyberock

Never heard of a programming software to bypass the password. I would recommend finding a dealer or maybe a service center since my gut feeling is the firmware is going to need to be reloaded on to erase that password.

domes

You can't reload firmware without PW either. If you cant go back to the govt agency or their dealer/service shop to give you PW or de-program radio then you are SOL. If the radio has been programmed for a trunked nexedge system then you are really SOL, that will require a computer that has unique SW loaded onto the computer with the system's owner thumb drive key.

domes

Your only hope is to contact KW direct or a local dealer who will have to contact KW for you. KW may (I stress MAY) email the dealer new program that will overwrite the radio and erase the program without the need for the PW. The program they email will only overwrite that specific serial/ESN. However, KW will require proof that the radio is not hot and KW will charge $ for the overwright service for each radio by serial & ESN. Good Luck

sfd119

You bought it from a Gov Auction site and they didn't clear out the password? Sounds fishy.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.170 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Va3bnr, Ive had the same problem and can help you. If you PM me I can give you step by step directions.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.170 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Va3bnr, Ive had the same problem and can help you. If you PM me I can give you step by step directions.

Why not just post the instructions here, or create a thread in the Kenwood forum, so others that have the same problem can help themselves, rather than needlessly have others posting the same question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phillydjdan

kayn1n32008 said:

Why not just post the instructions here, or create a thread in the Kenwood forum, so others that have the same problem can help themselves, rather than needlessly have others posting the same question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would gladly explain in private...

dandesc

I have a read write locked nx800 (legit) , can someone explain me how please.
I am not able to PM you,seem like a need more privilege...

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If it's read/write locked, then it needs to go to Kenwood service to be unlocked. There is a specific action in the programming software that will overwrite a locked radio, but it requires the software to be put in "tech" mode. Supposedly there are instructions on how to do this on the web.

I've never done it. I don't need to. If you can contact whoever you got the radio from, it would probably be easier.

dandesc

I know this is possible to get back the password for this model, but I need to know how.
I already get many passwords back for our customers, for most units( MOTOTRBO, TK7102, etc.), with tools like Winhex, Wireshark and others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

I would gladly explain in private...

phillydjdan

I know this is possible to get back the password for this model, but I need to know how.
I already get many passwords back for our customers, for most units( MOTOTRBO, TK7102, etc.), with tools like Winhex, Wireshark and others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.
Did you have any luck solving your problem?

dandesc

Yess!!! , I got lucky,I find the activation key, with the engineer logon elsewhere, available freely , Thank you very much for your help targetting the solution..

Status
Not open for further replies.