• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood KTI-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samo84

Hello

I am new to KTI-3, I just connect it with the repeater NX-710, and connect it with my LAN network,

how I can go forward, I tried to check the IP automatically but the unit did not get any IP and I am not able to open the browser without knowing the IP

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks,

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Kti3 is static, programmed via the KPG_129. The firmware and other functions are passed to the kti3 via the RS484 on the nxr710/810.

If your using it for the ham NXDN network, I have a guide on what to do.

EFM

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
By the way, there is no gui for the Kti3, it's all by the KPG129.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
The other thing I need to tell you, it's not just internet and port forwarding. You have to use vpn, or for ham radio, our raspberry Pi project. Let me know your intention and I will guide you to what works best.

tkarvelis

EMF,

I am also interested in using the KTI-3. I would like to send data from an ethernet connection over the air (NXR-810 as a base station) to a mobile radio for low speed control. I know I can use two NX-800H mobiles in transparent, but I would like to use the NXR-810 on one end via ethernet. I am not sure if this is possible, but if you have another idea, I am all ears.

Tom

tom.n3bsz@gmail.com

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
EMF,

I am also interested in using the KTI-3. I would like to send data from an ethernet connection over the air (NXR-810 as a base station) to a mobile radio for low speed control. I know I can use two NX-800H mobiles in transparent, but I would like to use the NXR-810 on one end via ethernet. I am not sure if this is possible, but if you have another idea, I am all ears.

Tom

tom.n3bsz@gmail.com

Tom, Using the NXR-810, you would have to have the pc connected to the RS-232 on the back of the
repeater. The KTI-3 is just a dummy box that takes RS-484 data and converts it to tcp/ip, and then UDP
on two ports, talks with other "boxes" using VPN conncections (by the book stuff) or is on a wide area local lan, you can communicate with other campuses / locations.

Data passing is transparent period in NXDN. What goes in, comes out the other end of the path or paths.
hence why I stated, the NXR would have to have the PC connected to it via the db25 and not ethernet.

Could there be software development for this? maybe so, but I have not come across it other than
KAS-10 and "canned messaging".

I will say this as a HAM, I can take D-Rats and NXDN and accomplish the same thing as if it was that
ICOM package..... email, texting (keyboard to keyboard) even send photos like the CONFusion thingie.
Difference is, with NXDN, we can send live video (or chunks of it...) over the air.

enough babbling. You get the jist.

EFM
nxdninfo.com

tkarvelis

EMF,

Interesting. I tried the RS-232 ports on the DB-25 connector, and setup the Kenwood software, and I could not pass data over the air from a NX-800 mobile to a an NXR-810, but I was doing it in Analog, not NXDN. I will have to try it in NXDN.

So the KTI-3 is just audio, no data, except for for signaling needed on the audio packets.

How are you sending video then? RS-232 has to be too slow for this.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Kti3 is a Nic card. Did you use the right pins for data? I am working a play right now, McKENNA might have a pinout on both the mobile and repeater before I can send it , as for transparency, 4800(6.25) and 9600(12.5) are the speeds OTA. There are odds for the video kits also, ask your dealer for a copy or I will scarf up one.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've got the manuals for both these, along with the pinout data, but it's a lot to retype on here. If you'd like me to send them to you, send me a PM with your e-mail address. It'd probably make more sense if you see it directly rather than risk me fat-fingering the keyboard and screwing things up.

tkarvelis

I am not sure how to PM, so I will post my email address tom (dot) n3bsz (at) gmail (dot) com

tkarvelis

I was able to get transparent data to work over NXDN through the NXR-810 repeater. This was using two NX-800 mobile radios.

I would like to be able to pull the same data that is sent by the mobile off the NXR-810 either using the accessory connector DB-25, the RS-485 located on the RJ-9 jacks on the rear of the radio where the KTI-3 plugs in, or using a KTi-3.

The NXR-810 would need to be in Dulpex mode, and not repeater mode as I need to be able to transmit and receive at the same time using a duplexer.

Is this even possible?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
DATA at the repeater

I was able to get transparent data to work over NXDN through the NXR-810 repeater. This was using two NX-800 mobile radios.

I would like to be able to pull the same data that is sent by the mobile off the NXR-810 either using the accessory connector DB-25, the RS-485 located on the RJ-9 jacks on the rear of the radio where the KTI-3 plugs in, or using a KTi-3.

The NXR-810 would need to be in Dulpex mode, and not repeater mode as I need to be able to transmit and receive at the same time using a duplexer.

Is this even possible?

Check your email, I sent you some information that may be of help.

tkarvelis

MMcKenna,

Thank You. This proves I am connected correctly.

EFM - I did not receive an email from you. I checked my spam folder also.

nnt236

Hello,
I am used to KTI-3 to connect with NXR-810 then use KPG-129 software writes the IP address for KTI-3 (programing by COM port). When KPG-129 software reads the data of NXR-810 by IP address (above programing), this software needs password to open.
What is the password?

Thanks.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Hit enter if you did not set one. That is set via option feature, data password.

jaypspc

KPG-149RM

I am not having any luck connecting to my NXR-810 with the Remote Monitoring Software KPG-149RM. I have established the ability to read/write to my repeater through IP connection but for some weird reason the KPG-149 software will not establish a connection. can anyone help, I might have missed something in the FPU config.

Status
Not open for further replies.