• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Operator Selectable Tone-OST Tk-890H

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2DFC

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a radio Tk-890H everything powered up ok and i can read from radio no problem but when i try to even put that code plug back in as is without changing anything i get a error saying.....(Operator Selectable Tone with an only OST name is programmed).......Ok no big deal open OST menu and sure enough there it is #2 so i delete the name and close it and still get the error on write to the radio,went into dtmf and turned off everything because i'm not usng any dtmf on this radio....Any ideas or am i missing something stupid

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
I'll post this so that everyone can see it.

With the x90 series with OST (at least with the Silverado "CDF" conversions ), there is a bug in the KPG software that is well known. One of the OST slots, usually Tone 15, will drop the tone when reading and editing, and before writing back to the radio, you have to go into the OST table and add that tone back in. It will give that exact error message...it means that there is a blank in the table somewhere.

Look at the table, fill in any obvious blanks, and retry.

kf6owc

ost

normal 90 series without CDF Firmware will do OST. use latest firmware, I cant remember the latest revision, someone will have it

ndejohn

Premium Subscriber
I am running into this problem with a TK-890H. I can read the radio using V2.10 on a Windows 7 PC. The program loads no problem. When I go in and make any changes to the codeplug and make an attempt to write that change to the radio, I get the OST error "Operator Selectable Tone with an only OST Name is programmed".

I do not have anything in this field nor am I using any of these features. I need to program the radio for basic functions. I am using the KPG-44D software. I have read the forums about going into line 14 and line 15 and deleting the line. When I go into the OST table, line 14 and line 15 are already empty.

What is the easiest way to rectify this problem?

Thanks,
Nick

ajohansson

Maybe just put in some ost in the list and just dont assign ost to a button and see what it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N7LT

This is probally way to late but might help others, My fix is to highlight all fields in the OST and then delete. This removed any spaces or other information causing the error. After deleting all, no more issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.