• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood KPG-111D issue with NX-210K2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncrailfan

Feed Provider
While attempting to program a Kenwood NX-210K2 on a Windows 8 machine I keep having this following error show up when trying to read or write to the radio "Check Model and Market Code". Any Idea what this means?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
What version of KPG-111 are you using?
What is the firmware version of the radio?

Is this a US/Canada market radio, or did it possibly come from somewhere else?
Is the KPG-111 something you purchased, or did you download it for free from somewhere?

ncrailfan

Feed Provider
The radio is a US model purchased from A beep Communications. I have no clue how to check the firmware on it. the Software is KPG-111D version 3.00 and was sent to me.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK. Couple of things to look at:

If it's a new radio, it probably has a newer version of firmware. If it's an older radio, it could have had it's firmware updated.

KPG-111 3.0 is pretty old. I can't recall how old that is, but you need to consider upgrading. One of the things you need to be cautious of is that when you upgrade firmware and software, you -could- lose the wide band FM function. The software versions released right around January 01, 2013 had to be narrow band compliant.
This shouldn't be an issue if you are just using it for listening in to railroad traffic, but if you want to use it for some other uses, like Marine VHF, you'd lose that.
The narrow band compliant software will still permit wide band below 150MHz, so if you plan on using it for 2 meter amateur band, you'd be OK.

To check the firmware on the radio, turn it off, hold the "side 1" button (button above the PTT) and turn the radio on. This will display the firmware version.

Could be that the software is for a market outside N. America, but let's check the firmware version on everything first....

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
You have the most current Firmware

You are most likely going to need the latest version of the software. KPG-111DKN v4.8, you may be able to read it with KPG-111DN(no trunking) but it will have to be one of these especially if the radio was recent purchase.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yep, 4.75 radio firmware was released in January, so that is a minty fresh version.

You'll need KPG-111DN version 4.40 or newer to program that radio. 4.80 is the latest programming software release, however any of the version 4.40 or newer will work.

If you purchased that software from a dealer, contact them and let them know you need the latest version. If not, you may need to purchase a copy.

RK3AAG

My NX-210 K3.32.00 can only be readed by KPG-111DK ver. 4.80, but not older. Even 4.70 don't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.