RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum

Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood or EF Johnson. For discussion of Kenwood Amateur Radio Equipment, please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2017, 6:29 PM

In the "Scan Information" screen:
Select what type of priority scan you want.
-None = No Priority Scan Channel.
-Fixed = You program in the priority channel selection in KPG-141 software.
-Selected = Whichever channel the talk group/channel selector knob is on.
-Operator Selectable = Radio user can select from the menu.

If you chose "Fixed", the greyed out windows for Zone/Channel will be un-greyed out so you can enter it there.
If you chose "Selected", it'll make whatever channel the knob is on the "Priority".
If you chose "Operator Selectable", you can chose via the keypad and change it on the fly.

The check boxes on the right for "Priority Temporary Add/Delete" can be useful if you want the user to be able to do that.
Priority Channel Stop Tone can be useful as an alert the priority channel is the one being heard.
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2017, 8:02 PM

Thank you for your help. I have a quick question, can this two radio communicate each other Kenwood NX-320 K2 and Kenwood TK-3312? There both UHF Radio 450-520Mhz and the 320 K2 is configure in Conventional Group. The only thing is the 320 K2 have the CH Type and Tx Mode in NXDN and I dont know if the other one is able to do NXDN.
Old 12-18-2017, 8:32 PM

TK-3312 is an analog only radio. It will not do NXDN.
NX-320 is analog and NXDN.

If you program the TK-3312 for a channel, just set up the NX-320 the same way, and select analog for the channel type. TX mode will automatically switch in software to analog also.
Old 01-26-2018, 6:05 PM

How can I add zones? I know in the software but to be able to select in the radio the zone I want to listen.
Old 01-26-2018, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciepr7 View Post
How can I add zones? I know in the software but to be able to select in the radio the zone I want to listen.
You need to program buttons for Zone Up and/or Zone Down.
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Thank you mmcKenna, I have another question. I want to know how can I program the radio to see on the display the (in my case is de UID XXX of the radio) of the other person that is talking. I want my display to show the other caller. Can you show me how?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciepr7 View Post
Thank you mmcKenna, I have another question. I want to know how can I program the radio to see on the display the (in my case is de UID XXX of the radio) of the other person that is talking. I want my display to show the other caller. Can you show me how?
On the NXDN screen, under "Group Call Display Type", select one of the following:
Calling Transceiver ID
or,
Calling Transceiver ID/Group ID (which will alternate between the UID and the group ID).

You may also want to check the "Over the Air Alias" box, since that will show the Unit ID Name they are sending out.

Last edited by mmckenna; 02-06-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Old 02-06-2018, 4:43 PM

Ok I had it like that but on the Base ID Type was (Group ID) and it didn't work so now I changed to Unit ID to see if that works.
Old 02-06-2018, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmckenna View Post
On the NXDN screen, under "Group Call Display Type", select one of the following:
Calling Transceiver ID
or,
Calling Transceiver ID/Group ID (which will alternate between the UID and the group ID).

You may also want to check the "Over the Air Alias" box, since that will show the Unit ID Name they are sending out.
This is how I have it:

Unit ID (Own) xxx (THE X ARE 3 NUMBERS)
Over-the-Air Alias is check
Unit ID Name (Own) UID XXX (THE X ARE 3 NUMBERS SAME AS ABOVE)
Group Call Display Type ( Calling Transceiver ID )
Base ID Type ( Group ID ) This one was in Group ID and was not displaying nothing so I change it to Unit ID to see if that one works for me.
Old 02-06-2018, 5:42 PM

Also under the NXDN conventional tab you will need to change the caller id display to the RAN option.
Old 02-08-2018, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohonda View Post
Also under the NXDN conventional tab you will need to change the caller id display to the RAN option.
Awesome, that works for me. Thanks!

Tags
nx-320 k2, scan function