• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Encryption question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Hi guys. So I have 2 NX-210 portable radios. I programmed them both with the same code plug by simply unplugging the cord from one radio and putting it on the next with the only exception being that I changed the Unit ID from 1 to a 2. I created the encryption key and enabled it on the channel I wanted it an wrote the code plug to both radios. Now, one radio will receive just fine but the other one will only show activity on the channel but no audio comes through. What could I have done wrong? Its the same encryption key, all I did was move the cable between radios. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Set the UID to the same number and see what happens.

If they are truly identical, then it should work. If you have some other options programmed that might be looking at the UID as part of the function, you'll have issues. Kind of hard to answer with the limited info you've provided.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
That was actually going to be my next question...

When I write to one of the radios, no issues, but then I try to write the same code plug to the next radio and I get a warning that the firmware of the radio does not support some stuff. I can take a screen shot if needed.

How does a person go about updating the firmware to the latest?

Talk into one radio, it comes across the other crisp, clean and clear. Talk into the other radio and nothing comes across the mate but the activity light is on showing activity.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, your dealer or sales rep. Should not be all the hard. They could charge a fee for the firmware,
or bench time to update it for you, but that's the legal and legit way.

EFM

Status
Not open for further replies.