• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Is Fleetsync ANI encrypted along with audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiointhesky

Using conventional Kenwood analog radios with scrambler chips, is the Fleetsync ANI encrypted/scrambled along with the voice? Or is ONLY the voice encrypted?

RayAir

Using conventional Kenwood analog radios with scrambler chips, is the Fleetsync ANI encrypted/scrambled along with the voice? Or is ONLY the voice encrypted?

Just the voice.

Is this built in inversion scrambling?

radiointhesky

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is.

Which SDR program will show the ANI? Unitrunker shows trunked moto P25, but it doesn't show anything for the Kenwood conventional fleetsync.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
IIRC there is an app for Android and iOS devices that decodes FleetSync but no native desktop program. The app actually works on speaker audio - I have held my phone up to my scanner and/or TK2180 and it has decoded the ANI very nicely.

It's called Radio ID by Matthew Kaufman.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
sdrtrunk will also decode fleetsync ANI and GPS and can (un)invert talkgroups using simple frequency inversion.

Denny

radiointhesky

sdrtrunk will also decode fleetsync ANI and GPS and can (un)invert talkgroups using simple frequency inversion.

Denny

I had tried sdrtrunk already without success, but I probably didn't have all the settings correct, and I thought that maybe the scrambler prevented the ANI from being decoded. I will try it again since you say it should work.

Also, I don't know if it is FleetSync or FleetSync II. Would that matter? Can sdrtrunk decode I and II ?

radiointhesky

I have SDRTrunk working now. It shows the ANI numbers, and it keeps a list in the Events window.

However, I want it to write those Events to a file. I have all the checkmarks in the "Event Log" tab of the configuration, but the actual files are empty. They are 0KB files.

I have saved, exited, restarted, and even recreated the site and channel with new names ... and it creates new log files with those new names, but the files are empty, 0KB.

The application logs are working, but the event logs are not.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
In the current build, events are saved to the log as they age-off from the window (500 events). This was to allow call event down times to be updated and the event recorded only once in the log.

I fixed this issue in the master branch on github ... events are saved as they occur and saved again if/when they're updated. The fix will be in the next release.

Denny

radiointhesky

In the current build, events are saved to the log as they age-off from the window (500 events). This was to allow call event down times to be updated and the event recorded only once in the log.

I fixed this issue in the master branch on github ... events are saved as they occur and saved again if/when they're updated. The fix will be in the next release.

Denny

I downloaded the master branch and compiled it this morning, and I still don't see any log files being written ... unless you meant that you changed it just this evening.

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Pull the latest from the master branch. I updated the event log writer to flush the buffer after writing each event so that it's logged immediately.

radiointhesky

Pull the latest from the master branch. I updated the event log writer to flush the buffer after writing each event so that it's logged immediately.

Ok I just downloaded the master and compiled. Yes, it is writing immediately. Thank you for that quick resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.