• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

760 Kenwood Scan promblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Rogers

Hello group, I have a 1 owner, 760 Kenwood radio that i have used for apx 20 years. Since I have owned it, I may have only programmed it 5 times. Its been a great radio with NO problems. Just recently I noticed the scan button when pressed will not work. If i press the scan button , it will make a loud BEEP. ok... now thats trying to get it to scan mode. I can leave it in manual mode (lack of terminology) and use the up and down buttons and and i can change the channels to any channel i want to, but i just can not make it "Scan". So i figured i would reprogram it. Programs perfect... on the first try. then I try to make it scan and it will not scan.... I have never changed any of the settings on the radio or program. I can only do manual mode only.

Would the microphone cable if it had a brake in one wire, would that stop the scan operation....? I can still key up and talk no problem....

I don't understand "Firmware" I know that is different from the regular programming software. But if I programmed a new firmware to the radio would that fix it or am I just wasting my time. Would like to thank everyone in advance for there thoughts and input. Please explain it to me on a childs level so maybe I will get it...... thank you all and have a great day....

Jose_Rogers

Hello group, I have just found my problem. I have a metal mic clip that came with the radio when I bought it new years ago. I have worn out the "do-hinkies" don't know the name but are 4 of them, on the mic hanger. So its not allowing my mic to make a connection. The radio thinks i have the mic ready to use but really the mic is hanging on the mic hanger. I applies pressure on my mic and hit the scan button and its fixed.... thats all it was......Thank you all have a great day...

cmdrwill

Yes, the mic must be hung up, AKA grounded, for the Scan to work. Same on most other radios.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
scan issue

You could also program the radio to "off hook scan" and it will scan regardless of the mic. It should go to priority when mic is keyed, but will scan until scan is toggled off

cmdrwill

You could also program the radio to "off hook scan" and it will scan regardless of the mic. It should go to priority when mic is keyed, but will scan until scan is toggled off

And replace the metal Mic hang up clip. There are many different ones or types out there. Get a original Kenwood part, I do not have the part number, but someone can chime in with the part number.

N4KVE

You can open the mike & ground it internally. I just had to do this yesterday to a Kenwood KMC-9 base mike which was preventing the radio from scanning. All fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.