• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Missing DQT options

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingfan360

Can anyone offer an explanation/solution to this.....?

I've just been reprogramming my NX200E and it appears to be missing several DQT (DCS) decode options. I'd like to use my NX200 to receive another repeater channel which uses DCS212, but my NX200 doesn't seem to have that option. It goes D205N to D223N. It's not the only 'missing' DCS/DQT code. The thing I really can't get my head round is that the radio system I'm trying to listen to also uses NX200s !

Any ideas? What am I missing.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
What firmware version??

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

racingfan360

NX200E is running E 3.21.00 firmware.
KPG-111D software is v4.40.

I know that the (NX200) system I'm now trying to listen to has been using that DCS code - that I don't have - since 2012.

Last edited:

racingfan360

Instead of using the pull down menu,just try typing it into the box.

Doh! As simple as that. Thanks ramal121

(Still slightly confused as to why they're not included in the pull down list, but hey at least it works now)

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The problem with using "non-standard" DQT is that it can be falsed by a "standard" DQT that may show up on the channel. The likelihood of that happening is low, but is a possibility. The standard DQTs as shown in the list will not false one another, that's why there is a gap between numbers. Somewhere in the forums is a good discussion on this with some good links.

Same with the tones in QT. Things like 88.5 and 107.2 are not harmonically related and will not react with each other. If there was a QT of 120.0, any transmitter with a 60 Hz buzz from the power supply would false the decoder and open the speaker because of the harmonic relationship. See how this works?

But as you found out, by typing out any QT or DQT (within reason), Kenwood radios happily take it.

Last edited:

racingfan360

Thanks again ramal121.

Must admit, I'm not sure if I'm more surprised that Kenwood didn't include the 'standard' DCS codes
DCS - The RadioReference Wiki
...by default, or being surprised now at the ability to 'make up' your own DCS codes !!

Status
Not open for further replies.