• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood KPG 112D issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
I have been put in charge of reprogramming the radios for the career fire department I work for. I was given all software and programming cables from the city. I am using KPG 112D to program a TK 5220. The first radio I grabbed read and wrote without any issues. The next two radios I tried to program would not let me read them it only let me overwrite it. This has occurred with two other portables. The screen shows "Data structure is invalid, so the data file cannot be read". I do not understand why it is working for one radio but not the other two. Once I overwrite the radios that I'm unable to read they read with no issues. Can anyone help me figure this out.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have been put in charge of reprogramming the radios for the career fire department I work for. I was given all software and programming cables from the city. I am using KPG 112D to program a TK 5220. The first radio I grabbed read and wrote without any issues. The next two radios I tried to program would not let me read them it only let me overwrite it. This has occurred with two other portables. The screen shows "Data structure is invalid, so the data file cannot be read". I do not understand why it is working for one radio but not the other two. Once I overwrite the radios that I'm unable to read they read with no issues. Can anyone help me figure this out.
Check versions using the tool, then transceiver info.

Software is v2.32
Firmware now is 2.16 Aug 2015

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'd check the firmware of each radio and make sure it's appropriate for the version of software. Could be the firmware is too old for the software, or more than likely, the software is too old for the firmware.

KPG-112D is the old non-narrow band compliant software.
KPG-112DN Version 2.31 is the latest. You should contact your Kenwood dealer and get the latest version of software and give that a try.

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
KPG 112D

The software disc shows version 1.00 112D, the city police switched to Motorola recently and said I can use there computer and software which should be newer so I'll try that. I'm also having trouble with the fleetsync caller ID, it won't display the name or number I have programmed and the caller ID display is checked any suggestions? The audible tone works and the caller ID numbers have been programmed in.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I will have to pull mine up and see where that check box is.

Thomboard13

Premium Subscriber
KPG 112D

I am also trying to figure how to create a key assignment for a reset button on the emergency button alert tone. I have it all programmed up to the point where I everything works except for being able to answer the emergency message. I would like for any portable or mobile being able to acknowledge the message and turn off the alert tone. I am programming TK 5220s and 5720s using fleetsync in emergency feature.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Latest KPG-112dn is 2.31 released in August of 2015.
1.00 is pretty old and not narrow band compliant.

Latest radio firmware is 2.16, also released in August of 2015.

You really should be using the latest versions. Not sure if this is what's causing your troubles, but it's probably not helping.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Pressing and holding the e button will reset it on sending radio, but the console is the sole rester. That's by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.