• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-5210 2-tone operation in Mixed mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdave252

Premium Subscriber
I searched and tried to find any information on mixed mode and 2-tone but I was not successful. Our department operates on p25, but we are dispatched in analog. The way our radios are currently set up after our 2-tone alert our radio we have to switch zones to listen to the audio dispatch. Can anyone give me any information on how to program our radios that will allow the radio to change to monitor when our tones are set off?

Thank You!!!

Premium Subscriber
just to be clear...you are toned in analog (two tone sequential) and then all dispatch voice traffic is done in p25? is it possible the dispatch can simulcast on the analog and p25? in short answer to your question...in order for the radio to "stay quiet" like a pager, a specific zone must be programmed to paging . this is due to the need to select qt/dqt AND optional signalling in the zone information section under audio control. so it is zone specific. now while i have not tried it, i suppose that if you have a channel programmed to mixed mode and can tolerate the radio audio open (listening to all traffic on the channel) you could potentially have the radio alert and then receive p25 traffic.

ffdave252

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch does not simulcast, and they obviously are not going to start for us. Lol. If I read your response right there is no way for the radio to stay quiet on mixed mode, only in analog only. Thank You for your help.

djgrooven

I searched and tried to find any information on mixed mode and 2-tone but I was not successful. Our department operates on p25, but we are dispatched in analog. The way our radios are currently set up after our 2-tone alert our radio we have to switch zones to listen to the audio dispatch. Can anyone give me any information on how to program our radios that will allow the radio to change to monitor when our tones are set off?

Thank You!!!

Did you ever find an answer to this problem. I did try it with 2 Nx210 radio's on NXDN NB mode with mixed mode recieve. I also used a Tk2180 as the 2tone encoder to page the digital radios in analog mode.

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I haven't verified this yet, but if the channel is set to Mixed mode, make sure that the System (Under Personal Features) has "QT/DQT and Optional Signalling" set, then make sure under the individual personality that you have the correct tone pair selected.

EDIT: Verified to work. NX210G transmitted 2-tone to TK-5210G with Mixed Mode Receive, P25 transmit. Even decoded the Fleetsync ID in my NX210.

TK-5210 settings:

Attachments

• part1.jpg
    part1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 140
  • part2.jpg
    part2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

ffdave252

Premium Subscriber
Pager Mode

I believe I have had these exact setting in my radio. It works for tones, but will not silence the radio. I will try them to be sure. Thanks for the response. I will let you know the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.