• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-3000 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Release Date: Not available at this time

Portable: NX3220 / 3320

Display;
4-Line Basic Frame (2-Line Main/Sub-LCD Icon & Key Guide)

Keypad;
Full-key/Standard key/Non-Key

Frequency range
VHF 136-174 MHz (NX-3220)
UHF 400-520 MHz (NX-3320)

RF POWER
5w / 1w - Both Models

CH-GID / Zones
Max. of 1,000 CH-GID
260/128 (64/4 for non-Key Model)

Common Air Interface;
NXDN, DMR & FM (NO P25, Must order the NX-5000 series)

Vocoder;
AMBE+2™

Signalling;
Fleetsync, MDC-1200, QT/DQT, DTMF, 2-Tone

NXDN Trunking;
Type C Gen 1 & Gen 2

P25
Not Available

GPS
Built In

IP Codes;
IP54/IP55/IP67

IS Rating
Not available (is not IS certified), the NX-5000 it is optional.

MOBILES
NX-3720HG / NX-3820HG

Display;
4-line Basic Frame (2-line Main/Sub-LCD,
icon, & key guide) / 14 Characters

Frequency range
VHF
136-174 MHz (NX-3720HG)

UHF
Type 1: 450-520 MHz (NX-3820HGK)
Type 2: 400-470 MHz (NX-3820HGK2)

RF POWER
50 W / 30 W / 5 W - VHF
45 W / 30 W / 5 W - UHF

CH-GID / Zones
Max. of 1,000 CH-GID 512/128

Common Air Interface;
NXDN, DMR & FM (NO P25, Must order the NX-5000 series)

Vocoder;
AMBE+2™

Signalling;
Fleetsync, MDC-1200, QT/DQT, DTMF, 2-Tone

NXDN Trunking;
Type C Gen 1 & Gen 2

P25
Not Available

GPS
Built In

IP Codes;
IP54

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Have you heard any release dates for 800MHz models? I was hearing end of the year.

I've got a few end users that want to purchase new NX-410's next FY and I'd like to have these as an option.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I'll call and ask if they are doing an 700/800 model, but i think they may pass on it, they have not done the nx-x20 800 yet, which would follow suit?!?!? But then again, there's no plans for a nxr5900 I'd think that would be up your alley though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I did have an NX-420 800MHz radio on loan from the local dealer for a bit. Worked fine for what we needed, but the smaller display created some issues with not having NX-410's and NX-420's showing the exact same channel names. Not all my users are the sharpest tools in the shed, so I wanted to avoid that headache.

As for the repeaters, that's not an issue. I've got a 5 channel trunked system made up of NXR-900's.

I may start shifting our higher end users to the NX-5900 since there isn't much of a price difference, but I've got a larger project kicking off for our public safety users that has a remote chance that we may start moving towards P25. I know that'll rule out the NX-3000 line, but most of my users would stay on NexEdge.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
NX-3000, as it was told earlier, is only going to be a single mode Digital Radio. One or the Other.

Evans

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have an initial, but it is not for release yet

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
So I have the NX-5200.... can someone explain the differences between the NX3220 and the 5000 series? Other than channel capacity.... I do not see a whole lot of differences.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
So I have the NX-5200.... can someone explain the differences between the NX3220 and the 5000 series? Other than channel capacity.... I do not see a whole lot of differences.
Nx3000 won't do p25, and you can't have nxdn and dmr it's one or the other.

Reelfishguy

I have previously used generic programming cables with the FTDI serial-USB converter for programming other Kenwood 2 pin type portables. However using those cables, it would take 4 minutes or so to read or write to the NX3220/NX3320 series. Using the Kenwood KPG-22UM, it would only take 20 seconds or so to read or write to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.