• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MDC-1200 in Kenwood 5000 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having problems getting MDC-1200 signaling to work in analog channels in the 5000 series radios. Have tried numerous combinations of settings. I want to display the unit ID of the radio on all other radios. Can anyone give me some settings.. hints etc.

THanks

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Channel edit the channel, at the bottom, analog MDC section, began of transmission, end of transmission, or both, then the PTT ID will transmit from the 5000, after you program the radio.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
I'm having an issue where the radio is displaying the MDC IDs fine, but that it stays on the display until another ID is received, or scans to a channel that it doesn't hear an ID on. I expected it to be the auto reset timer, but it doesn't seem to be. Is there a way to have the MDC show smaller under the channel name? My DMR IDs show that way, but can't figure out where the settings are to change the way it's displayed.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Size is hard set. MDC is a reset, for got where, busy doing installs, can help later.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

AJ1L

Premium Subscriber
I think the issue may have been that I didn't have the LCD box checked under auto reset. I'll find out later when I write the codeplug to my radio.

ndejohn

Premium Subscriber
Kenwood needs to do another firmware update and add some more DOS hold off features on MDC like Motorola has. I use MDC all the time and some of the agencies that use MDC have it on post, and I hear the entire data squak come through. It's rather annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.