• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-800 Squelch Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwoodgeek

I'm dealing with another school bus radio that doesn't seem to be working correctly.

The radio keeps its squelch open pretty much constantly, as if it is set to 0, when it is actually set at 5.

With the microphone in the clip, the receive LED stays illuminated, and when you take it off, you get constant static between transmissions. Very seldom will the light go off and there will be no signal on the radio.

I am programming all the bus radios with the same programming file (FleetSync IDs are different), and none of the other radios are doing it.

Any suggestions? Bad radio?

I can send the KPG-111D programming file, if needed.

Thanks in advance!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I'm dealing with another school bus radio that doesn't seem to be working correctly.

The radio keeps its squelch open pretty much constantly, as if it is set to 0, when it is actually set at 5.

With the microphone in the clip, the receive LED stays illuminated, and when you take it off, you get constant static between transmissions. Very seldom will the light go off and there will be no signal on the radio.

I am programming all the bus radios with the same programming file (FleetSync IDs are different), and none of the other radios are doing it.

Any suggestions? Bad radio?

I can send the KPG-111D programming file, if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Can you rule out locally generated noise? Does it do it regardless if the bus is running or not? If so, Get it benched, and make sure there is nothing wrong with the radio. When you go to put it back in, check the off hook decode option.

kenwoodgeek

I believe so, because the bus travels quite a distance during its daily routes, and when I was on route with the driver yesterday, it was doing it pretty much the whole time, during both the morning and the afternoon. Other buses I was checking out between routes were not doing it.

And yes, I believe it does it regardless if the engine is running or not.

I don't know if I'll have time to bench it; I might just put off hook decode on it.

cmdrwill

Bad mic hang up contacts that put the radio in On Hook decode so the radio will only hear your fleet.

Put another nickel in the hang-up box ... wait that was on the earlier Motorola radios.

kenwoodgeek

I don't have the service software, and that's probably a good thing, haha.

And with regards to the off hook decode, I'm not really trying to just mute the noise coming in, but solve the bigger issue as to why the signal is coming through the radio in the first place. Because when the microphone is on the clip, it closes the squelch just fine.

kenwoodgeek

Really? Now I didn't know that, haha.

I'll have to mess around with those settings with my own radios and see if I'm comfortable enough messing around with the adjustment in the service software.

Status
Not open for further replies.