• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KAS-10 not showing activity when connected to NXR-810e IP Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breggen

I am trying to connect KAS-10 over IP-Conventional to the repeater. I have two computers I am trying this with.

1. The gateway computer ( 172.20.11.1 ) that is connected directly to the repeater ( 172.20.11.11 )
2. A remote computer that is on the other side of the VPN tunnel

Keep in mind that both computers are able to read/write the repeater config through KPG-129D.

On both computers I installed a test version of KAS-10. Both configured to use NXDN over IP-Conventional. The gateway has the 172.20.11.1 as interface to work on, the other the VPN interface. On has ID 2000 and the other 2001. Both numbers are in the IP-Console tab of the configuration of the repeater. Both IP addresses are in the network and are connected as being one site.

Now both installations of KAS-10 give "Standby 2000" in there console status window. And in the status bar the IP address of the repeater has a green sphere in front of it and says "Active" as state.

All well you should think. But when I key-up my portable, nothing is shown in the activity window. Als when I try to send a message to the portable from KAS-10 I get a message that there is a communication error with the repeater.

Not being one to give up easily, I started wireshark and looked at the packets going round to the repeater and back. I see an UDP SIP request being made when I hit the "send" button in KAS-10 to transmit the message. But the repeater reacts with a "403 Forbidden" as answer. Well now I am puzzled, is there some form of authentication needed for this? I searched around in either KAS-10 and KPG-129. The only "encryption" type thing I can find is the "Encryption type" which is 1 on both sides.

I also added the IP-addresses of the KAS-10 to the IP-conventional site-group of the channel I am using. When I did this i saw a lot of UDP packages comming in the moment i keyed up my portable, but KAS-10 still doesn't show anything in the activity window. Nor can i send a message.

It doesn't seem to be a UDP routing problem or something like that because i can see it communicate forth and back, and KPG-129 works. But does anybody have any ID why KAS-10 is not showing anything in the activitylog and rejects SIP requests?

With regards,
Michel van der Breggen

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Did you by chance look into the help file of KAS-10 (pdf's in the program folder).
I use my KAS-10 with a trunk system, so the likeness is the same, but I am not having the issue
like you are describing.Check the installation PDF and see what you can come up with.

EFM

Breggen

Step in the right direction

Hello Evans,
I have made some progress, the reason that KAS-10 was unable to send a message to a radio was because the RAN of the radio in KAS-10 did not match the RAN of the channel being broadcasted on.

Now the problem remains that KAS-10 doesn't show anything in the activity history window. I connected a serial cable between the NXR-810 and the PC running KAS-10. Now I see activity coming in.

Strangely the version of KAS-10 that was connected through the IP Conventional doesn't show anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.