• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5700 and Site Cast help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshemt

Hello,

We recently purchased a NX5700 which we have programmed and works with a few exceptions:
1. Morse Code like transmissions (We are using all analog frequencies)
2. We seem to be picking up another counties radio traffic from over 150 miles away.

We also purchased a Critical RF site cast to interface with zellowork so that when crews are out of the area the can still communicate with dispatch.
1. when talking on the radio the audio comes into zello just fine, however the audio from zello does not go through the radio.

If anyone has any knowledge with this or can help in any way I would greatly appreciate it.

ohiohonda

Some more information may help narrow down some of your problems.

1. Is this a new system that was just put in service? It is possible that the morse code like transmissions and other users you are hearing on the same frequency as your system are one in the same. They could be using some sort of dtmf for optional signaling.

2. What radio are you interfacing to the Critical Rf SiteCast? To me it sounds like the radio that is interfaced is not programmed or wired correctly. There should be app notes for the SiteCast (ip gateway device). Normally you would need to program input/outputs on the radio to accommodate the device.

joshemt

Thanks for replying

1. This is a new system, before we were using a Icom 5021 (we did not have the morse code like sounds with this system) I am unsure if it could be dtmf signaling

2. I am interfacing the site cast with the nx5700.

The notes state that the DB25 13 pin needs to be programmed for input PTT
- We have it programmed to (input) External PTT (Voice)

The notes state that the DB25 1 pin needs to be programmed for output Cor/Cos
- We have it programmed to (output) COR

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Most repeaters I've seen drop the PL tone when CWID (morse code) is active. If the repeater is sending a PL tone during transmission, or the new radio isn't set up to decode PL either in the programming or off-hook monitor is enabled that could cause the CWID to come through the radio.

ohiohonda

My mistake, i misread your original post and thought you were talking about a repeater (NXR-5700) . The channel in question that you are using, does it require PL/DPL to decode. If so in the KPG-D1N under optional features 1 tab, do you have off hook decode enabled? If you are using a PL/DPL I would program the DB25 for TOR instead of COR. I think you may have typed pin 1 by mistake since my program does not show that pin as programmable. Programming that pin as TOR will only pass audio to the SiteCast if the frequency and PL/DPL match. I am not sure why you can't get the NX5700 to transmit when talking on the mobile app. Do you get any indication (activity lights) on the SiteCast when you talk on the mobile app?

joshemt

sorry, pin 16 not 1

The morse code is going off every 15 min apparently

I have placed pin 16 as TOR.

The radio keys up with talking through the gateway, just no audio is coming through

joshemt

The Off hook decode and TOR seemed to help with the extra chatter for about 2 hours. morse code still coming through.

When I press the PTT on the APP the radio keys up but no audio is transmitted. Any other ideas?

ohiohonda

Is the morse code being heard by other users or just the NX-5700? If it is just the NX-5700 do you have anything in the QT/DQT Dec programming field on the channel that you are using? If the radio is going into transmit when but has no audio, a couple things that i would check. In the extended funtions > Modulation Line in the program make sure that under the External PTT (Voice) you should see in order -
Disconnect Connect Disconnect with two check marks on that line. Also you may check the connections on the DB25 connector for the interface cable. It should have connections on pin 6 for MI2 (tx audio +) and pin 25 ME (tx audio -) for the microphone input to the radio.

joshemt

The morse code is only being heard on the NX5700 - I believe this is from the repeater and the other radios are just not processing it through

In the Channel I have QT/DQT dec of None and QT/DQT encode of 103.5

the modulation line is set up the same way you have stated and the pins on the connector are correct as well

ohiohonda

Unless there is a reason you need no QT for Dec I would input the 103.5 on the Dec side of the channel info. This is probably the reason you are hearing the Morse code and anything else that would be coming in on that frequency. The tx audio problem on the NX-5700 interface probably has something to do with levels between the two devices. Is there any trim pots on the SiteCast for alignment or software adjustments that can be made for tx audio. A item like this that interfaces with multiple manufacture normally has a range of setting that can be change to accommodate different input ranges.

joshemt

looks like changing to decode is going to work. Radio has been chatter free for about 3 hours now. -Thank you very much for helping with that

On the site cast there are changes that can be made on the software side, I have gone through them all, nothing seems to work. I have also reinstalled drivers for the computer running it as well as tried another computer and spoken with their tech support.

I have also checked the wires on the cables, all seems well.

Everything leads me back to a setting on the radio that I have not figured out.

joshemt

Well I have reset everything on the radio and all seems to be working now with the sitecast, Im not sure what option I had selected that would not allow it to work but a full reset worked.

My only question is now - I no longer get the chatter that I was receiving, but I do get a very loud almost machine gun sounding static now, it happens randomly.

The radio is set to QT/DQT encode since I dont have a way of changing it on the repeater at the moment

Any Ideas?

ohiohonda

I am not sure what you mean by resetting the radio. Did you keep the setting on the radio program for
pin 16 as TOR? If you reverted back to COR on that pin it could be causing your problems.

joshemt

I reset the radio by just reprogramming it to the original factory file that was on the radio. TOR is still programmed as Pin 16

ohiohonda

There are many things that could cause the noise that you are hearing since you have multiple devices tied together. If you still have off hook decode enabled and pin 16 program as TOR, any audio coming from the radio or passed to the SiteCast would require the frequency and QT tone to match before passing to the speaker of the radio or gateway device. Sometimes they can be falsed but normally not both the frequency and QT tone. How close is the PC to the base radio and radio antenna? It possible the PC could be causing the issue but not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.