• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EF Johnson 5100 Scan List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I have programmed my EF Johnson 5100. Is there any way to program the radio to scan its respective scan list when put in a particular zone? (IE. when I switch from zone 1 to zone 2, it will start scanning zone 2 instead of still scanning zone 1.) the only way I am able to scan zone 2 when switch from zone 1 to zone 2 is to turn off scan, go into the menu, select scan select, select list 2, then turn scan back on. then do the process again when I go back to zone 1.

AD0TY

Each talkgroup you enter has a place to select the scan list you want to use. So you should be able to select list 2 in the programming in that zone. The only thing that sucks is that you have to do it for each talkgroup in the zone, you can't just do it for the whole zone.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hello All,
I have programmed my EF Johnson 5100. Is there any way to program the radio to scan its respective scan list when put in a particular zone? (IE. when I switch from zone 1 to zone 2, it will start scanning zone 2 instead of still scanning zone 1.) the only way I am able to scan zone 2 when switch from zone 1 to zone 2 is to turn off scan, go into the menu, select scan select, select list 2, then turn scan back on. then do the process again when I go back to zone 1.

Two ways (and a third that's sort of a workaround):

1 - The talkgroups or channels in the zone each have to specify the scan list. When you switch to that channel that's the scan list that's used. Of course, this doesn't help with talkgroups when the same one is used in multiple zones. You can at least put conventional channels in multiple times with different settings, but you can only enter talkgroups once.

2 - Switch scan lists manually.

3 - Use the radio-wide scan list. It's sort of a workaround, but will allow you to scan across systems and so forth; it's limited to what's in that list.

It you're only using conventional channels you could create a new conventional system for each zone, and re-enter the channels with a different scan list for that particular zone, but this is really wasteful of memory space.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I think I got it all figured out and programmed correctly. Thank you all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.