• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-2312 random STUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bferguson1121

I have a TK-2312 that randomly stuns and this radio is legit and was bought by my FD . My FD has several of these radios and for some reason this is the only one that has seen STUN on the display. Now i am able to read the pager on the software and write it back, and the radio will work but only for a couple days then says STUN again on the display. My question to the good people of radio reference is, can this be disabled or do i have to take it back to the dealer. I do have the current software to read and write the radio but i am not too familiar with what some of the features are that are listed, any advice would be appreciated.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Not sure how a radio could accidentally stun itself. But I might be missing something.
Stunning a radio would require a specific MDC-1200 or FleetSync command from a console or other device.

The right way to "un-stun" a radio is to send the revive command from the console, or wherever is sending the stun command.

Can you explain a bit more about the setup, dispatch, radio programming (who does it?), etc…..

AD0TY

We've had this problem a lot. It is a firmware issue. Update to the latest firmware and you won't have the problem anymore. Your Kenwood dealer will have to contact LMR suppoort to get firmware loaders if the version is old enough. This radio doesn't use FPro and has to be updated from one version to the next until it is current.

bferguson1121

Yes, i just checked the firmware version of the radio that is having the issue and it is 2.22. It's just stange that this one radio is having the issue randomly and none of the other ones are, we bought several radios in the same batch. I did talk to the director of the local dispatch and he told me as of right now they dont have the ability to stun those radios because he said the dont have the need to. On the bright side these have been great radios, i dropped mine in 6 feet of water for about 5 hours and i took it apart and scrubbed the board clean, since then i just replaced the buttons, housing, and switches. The radio looks and works like a brand new one. Only thing i have seen get bad with these radios over time are the switches on the top but $20 and some simple soldering and you will have new. You did say that the radio cannot be update with the KPG firmware, correct? Also thanks for the replies, thats why i love using radio reference!

AD0TY

Do you have a local Kenwood dealer you work with? If so, ask them to firmware update your radios to the latest version. The firmware loader for the 2312 is not FPRO like most of the other radios. It has a special exe file that is just a firmware loader for this particular model. We've had several radios do this and upgrading them to v2.30 or higher will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.