• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TR-5820-K programminmg

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I programmed my Kenwood TR-5820-K and I can't get one channel to receive. I have it posted below, it a UHF P-25 channel. I have P-25 channels others programmed and the settings are the same and they work fine.

Picture 1 shows channels 1,2 and 3. Channel 2 is the one that isn't working, channels 1 and 3 work fine.

Pictures 2 and 3 are the channel that isn't receiving and pictures 4 and 5 are one that works.

I'm programming with KPG-112ND.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 272

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
This picture is from the data base, I do realize I have it programmed with the same receive and transmit frequencies , I did have it with the input frequencies and it made no difference.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled5.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 225

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Try RX nac F7E. Let me know.

If they are running encryption, you will hear it.
Nothing you can do about it if they are.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
They are in the clear. I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks
F7E is like open no code in p25, if it opens and you're hearing chatter, then the original nac code is not 315, it was changed. Need to decode it or find out the new nac.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I put in NAC F7E and still nothing. I read a Moto radio that receives and is running the same channel info and NAC 312 (as I had/have in) . The only thing different with that program is that (Itinerant channel frequency) was checked and all the other P-25 channels didn't have that box checked. I don't know if that is the problem, I didn't see that on the Kenwood CPS. Any thoughts?

Thanks

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Also, when that jurisdiction talks, I'll get it on the scanner and on the radio I get nothing but the signal shows strong and the light is lit indication the channel is busy. I took the Nac out and ran it CSQ and heard the digital noise when they were talking.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Also, when that jurisdiction talks, I'll get it on the scanner and on the radio I get nothing but the signal shows strong and the light is lit indication the channel is busy. I took the Nac out and ran it CSQ and heard the digital noise when they were talking.
I will take a look in a bit, out on service calls right now.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Check the talk group. 1 is the default, but others may be in use.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
They are all programmed as NONE, I tried to set it to one and it gives me an error. This is the weirdest thing.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Just to verify, you added TG 1 to the TG List (Edit>P25>TG List)?
Might also not check the Talkgroup Strapped box.
Your Moto read should show a TG for reference, too...

H9+8remDc2kQAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Attachments

• TG1.jpg
    TG1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 152

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
That's not an option. The drop down does nothing and if I manually put a 1 in that spot, I get the below message.

Attachments

• Untitledqq.png
    Untitledqq.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Untitledq.png
    Untitledq.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 147

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
That's not an option. The drop down does nothing and if I manually put a 1 in that spot, I get the below message.

that is in the p25 menu, not channel edit. add the tg to the list. line 1 = tg 1.

efm

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Is this the place I should be looking? Nothing is set upin here and the other P25 channels work. Thanks.

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 163
  • qs.jpg
    qs.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 158
  • qsw.jpg
    qsw.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 127

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Still no luck getting this channel to work. Some configurations work in my Motorola XTL 2000 but not the Kenwood TR-5820-K.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
2.21 is out. Maybe a bug in 2.1

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
OK, I'll have to figure out how to do a firm ware update. All the other P-25 systems work. It's strange. Thanks for the help.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Looks like I'm giving up with this radio trying to get this channel working. It's a town we work with a lot, I really wish I could figure this out. But I've wasted to much time on it. I'll have to keep my Moto XTS 2500 with me to hear them. I really liked this Kenwood radio, but it just wont do what I need. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.