• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KPG-D1N Version and Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

sraider

I have kpg-d1n version 2.10 I got some new nx5800 radios that have 2.31 firmware installed. Can I use my programming software with newer firmware. Not sure what the new firmware or software version is out now. If need to update programming software can I update through program, website, or do I need to go through dealer where I bought software from. Thanks for any info

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You can ask them for the update. 2.40 is out now.
2.31 has a dmr bug in it.

Evans

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Dmr site roaming, and p25 to dmr zone change lock up.

RK3AAG

Do not use old KPG-D1 with newer firmware. It might work, but you will risk to get incompatible settings. And you will not see new menus and controls in FPU. It’s always recommended to use matching pairs of FW and SW (or FW older than FPU).

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber

You're welcome.
Never mind that last post about old software, new firmware. He is not a dealer, just a novice.

The radio will not let you read unless the software is equal or greater than installed firmware.
It will read, but error out at the end and you do not see the codeplug.
Update the kpg-d1, then radio firmware, then use the newer software, read, update, then write back.

Did you get the update yet? If not, contact me directly.

Thanks

RK3AAG

As always, Kenwood dealers don't know what they sell and what they deal with. I was able to read and write radio with FPU version lower than FW version. It's possible with some releases, but it's unknown for dealers, because they are all half-educated. I don't know why you call me a novice, because I am LMR professional for many years. Most likely it's just anger because Kenwood dealers know about the product less than their customers.

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
In todays market with the $89.00 DMR radios all some dealers care about is sales not service. They are to busy trying to sell radios to sit in their office and look at the dealer site 5 or 6 times a day for updates. I am not in any way taking up for these dealers just stating what they are doing. Several dealers are having trouble selling LMR systems due to cheap cellphones and coverage over a larger area.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
I have loaded software and firmware updates 2.40 succesfully, however... now i am getting these errors when trying to write something to the radio. Note: I havent touched these settings, error is new as of the software update.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 592
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 539
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 531

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have loaded software and firmware updates 2.40 succesfully, however... now i am getting these errors when trying to write something to the radio. Note: I havent touched these settings, error is new as of the software update.

Any ideas?
Yes, need to add numbers, can't be blank on this update. 100-1000 Is good

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Yes, need to add numbers, can't be blank on this update. 100-1000 Is good

This is the issue I mentioned in the message. So it doesn’t matter what number is in there if I’m using only conventional channels and 1 NXDN conventional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Nah, it's all good. I had that issue, I don't use fleetsync or mdc1200, you will be okay.

I do have numbers in those, but I don't use ptt ani. Just decode. Just need to go to personality, and default the numbers.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Nah, it's all good. I had that issue, I don't use fleetsync or mdc1200, you will be okay.

I do have numbers in those, but I don't use ptt ani. Just decode. Just need to go to personality, and default the numbers.

Copy that! Thank you!

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber

Is this a flaw in the new software? Seems like it should be allowed to be blank..

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Is this a flaw in the new software? Seems like it should be allowed to be blank..

I can't speak for that, but know with other programs it caused the same error notice.
So basically a check point on valid info. If something is wrong, it alerts you.

n5wig

NX 5800 k2 firmware

I was wondering if anyone could help. I just purchased the KPG-D1NK and the key for DMR. I went to load the key ,but it would complete the registration. I looked further and found a text file that said it need k2.01 firmware ..my radio has 1.71 firmware. can anyone direct me as to what Ior how to fix this.

Thanks,

Respectfully,
Michael

I have kpg-d1n version 2.10 I got some new nx5800 radios that have 2.31 firmware installed. Can I use my programming software with newer firmware. Not sure what the new firmware or software version is out now. If need to update programming software can I update through program, website, or do I need to go through dealer where I bought software from. Thanks for any info

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Latest is 2.40, have you made contact with the person you bought it from?
You can pm me if you need to, but I am heading to bed, long dayvwith 5 site visits to rack up in North Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.