RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum

Kenwood & EF Johnson Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood or EF Johnson. For discussion of Kenwood Amateur Radio Equipment, please use the Amateur Radio Equipment forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 11:13 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Red face NX-5700 -very newbie basic question

Hello all,

I am both a Ham & IT admin for a hospital and after almost 4 years of asking, the administration finally purchased a Emergency Radio system for communicating with area hospitals & local EMA during the 'big one'.

I'm still acquainting myself with the software and doing some testing.

The head unit is connected via a CTI Products supplied Windows 10 gateway PC and we are using RadioPro Talk to remotely control the radio over hospital internal network.

I have a basic question...

The volume seems 'overdriven' from the radio into the gateway and is passed along to the remote stations. I've checked all settings, turned down the volume at the head unit, and of course lowered it way down on the receiving end at the PC in our command center. All audio seems harsh and overdriven and I can find no settings to lower it. There is no setting in the end-user software on the PC to lower it that I can find (just the ability to channel the audio to different outputs). It definitely sounds overdriven from the head unit somehow.
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Are you using the db25 or the speaker out, sounds like your using the db25 in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 5:31 PM

Here is the link to CTI Products resources documents. CTI Products - MCN - Documents
Look for RadioPro IP Gateway for Kenwood NEXEDGE NX-7xx/8xx and download the install guide. This show how to setup the NX-5700 radio to their gateway. For your specific problems I would first look at the interface cable between the radio and the gateway. The manual shows the pinout for the cable at the end. Pins 17& 18 on the DB25 connector on the NX-5700 is the audio output for the radio. This output is a fixed audio output that is not adjustable from the volume control of the radio.

Tags
audio issues, nx-5700