• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

D3N Complaints and HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadrt

Premium Subscriber
OK now that we have that out-of-the-way this is a complaint /begging for help thread!

If there is anyone out there who might consider themselves an expert in this particular piece of Kenwood programming ... then I am all ears.

So far this is what I believe to be true of this particular piece of software:
1) absolutely SLOW
2) everything has to be duplicated first by creating a personality then you can create a channel within a zone based on the personality
3) Maneuvering around and trying to find the things that we are used to being able to find easily is 100% counter intuitive and dumb
4) I will have to manually type in every single channel in every single site because Kenwood in their infinite wisdom has decided there’s no freaking reason for us to be able to import from A previous software install like KPG-141D etc
5) And last but not least we have to pay extra for the ability to use the Kenwood technology that makes the radio worth having a.k.a. wideband for ham operators and trunking.

Anyway now that I am done ranting and raving I need some guidance with:
A) is there a way to more easily program in talk groups without having to create a personality and then create a channel was in a zone?
B) does anyone have any suggestions on the best method of creating scan lists?

Keep in mind I am going to kind of need some step-by-step instructions if you have the ability to do so and most of what I have complained about has been based on NXDN Trunking.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Don't know about slow like D1, but I have a topic on how to import from 111 or 141. If you have LTR you have to do that manually.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

christocom

OK now that we have that out-of-the-way this is a complaint /begging for help thread!

If there is anyone out there who might consider themselves an expert in this particular piece of Kenwood programming ... then I am all ears.

So far this is what I believe to be true of this particular piece of software:
1) absolutely SLOW
2) everything has to be duplicated first by creating a personality then you can create a channel within a zone based on the personality
3) Maneuvering around and trying to find the things that we are used to being able to find easily is 100% counter intuitive and dumb
4) I will have to manually type in every single channel in every single site because Kenwood in their infinite wisdom has decided there’s no freaking reason for us to be able to import from A previous software install like KPG-141D etc
5) And last but not least we have to pay extra for the ability to use the Kenwood technology that makes the radio worth having a.k.a. wideband for ham operators and trunking.

Anyway now that I am done ranting and raving I need some guidance with:
A) is there a way to more easily program in talk groups without having to create a personality and then create a channel was in a zone?
B) does anyone have any suggestions on the best method of creating scan lists?

Keep in mind I am going to kind of need some step-by-step instructions if you have the ability to do so and most of what I have complained about has been based on NXDN Trunking.
chadrt,
I know your frustration, I could some help in this area also.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
chadrt,
I know your frustration, I could some help in this area also.

Chris, you have my email now, hit me up, I and MSSDAVE have a pretty good handle on the D3 now.
With just simple trunk system imports from 141 and 111, we can import fairly well, except for the LTR systems
We have to set that up in the radio to have it transfer over.

Now, MSSDave and myself were in the D3 class at IWCE in Orlando this year, so we gained a trick or two,
but have not applied it, as we are now 98% pure Type C trunking statewide and some conventional channels.
There are some hints and tricks to editing the 141 import (*.itm) file to make it work importing into D3.
Big thing is DO NOT EDIT THE HEADERS of the columns.

Japan Engineers where in the room and have heard the outcry on the software nonsense. THEY TOOK NOTE! trust me, they did.

We shall see what comes forward at the end of the year.

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
Can you help with Alphabetizing the zones? The way radios are setup I add zones here and there and I am unable to re-alphabetize them.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You can re order the zones using the up and down arrow near the center of the field.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.