• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tk-2312 programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wfd7715

My FD just bought 20 TK-2312's and I am currently trying to program them. I have been programming our radios mostly 2180's and 790's. This is my first time dealing with the 2312's. I have 5 zones programmed after I write it to the radio and go to change the channel using either B or C it changes but the zone name stays, I can not see what channel it is actually on. And help would be greatly appreciated!!

Wfd7715

That did not work here is what everything is set at as far as key assignments;

S:scan
A:scan delete/add
<B:zone down
C>:zone up
Side 1: squelch off momentary
Side 2: lamp
Selector:channel up/down
O:Talk around
&#9633;:key lock
Triangle:monitor

ohiohonda

I would look under the optional features tab > common 1> display character and see what this is set for. I would have this set for channel name. Also under optional features tab> common 2 > Zone name text length and the zone name check box. I would set the zone name text length to the shortest possible for the names that you are using for the zones and check the box for the zone name. Using these settings will have the radio display the zone name for 2 seconds after a zone change then revert to the channel name.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Zone Name Length = 8 will show the full length of the Zone name for 2 seconds. UNCHECK the box below so that it goes away, otherwise it remains on the display. This was my experience, at least.

When I left the zone name box checked it just stayed on the display. Unchecking it makes it appear for 2 seconds and then go away.

ohiohonda

Zone Name Length = 8 will show the full length of the Zone name for 2 seconds. UNCHECK the box below so that it goes away, otherwise it remains on the display. This was my experience, at least.

When I left the zone name box checked it just stayed on the display. Unchecking it makes it appear for 2 seconds and then go away.

I am not as familiar with this model so this may be the case. I was just quoting the help file within the program. It states that if you uncheck the zone name box that it does not show the zone name when changing zones. If you check the zone name box that it will display the name for 2 seconds then revert to the channel name.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I am not as familiar with this model so this may be the case. I was just quoting the help file within the program. It states that if you uncheck the zone name box that it does not show the zone name when changing zones. If you check the zone name box that it will display the name for 2 seconds then revert to the channel name.

Confused the heck out of me, too, but I have mine setup as I described and it shows it for 2 seconds. I just had to trial and error it to see how it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.