• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Nx-700 won't TX on nxdn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcefd10

I got a Nx700 today to put in place of my Nx 720 because I like the extra display characters and the dual priority scan.

Issue is, when I programmed it I cannot get it to TX on the nxdn fire channel that is my main channel its a mixed mode channel, so it rx the tones on analog then TX and rx in nxdn also. Anything I'm overlooking?
I've programmed them identical and went back and checked and triple checked everything is right. It's just basically a copy of the programming from my portable..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
What firmware is in the 700?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

jcefd10

Honestly, no idea

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK, so you have it set to Channel Type = Mixed.
You should have your TX type set to NXDN.

Are the RAN code and Channel Spacing (NXDN) programmed to match the system?
On your Zone Edit, what do you have the Audio Control (NXDN) set for?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Plug in the radio, hit tools, then transceiver info

jcefd10

OK, so you have it set to Channel Type = Mixed.
You should have your TX type set to NXDN.

Are the RAN code and Channel Spacing (NXDN) programmed to match the system?
On your Zone Edit, what do you have the Audio Control (NXDN) set for?
That's exactly what I have. Everything is an exact duplicate of the radio I just changed out, and the nx-220 portable I use.

My computer died right after my last program so I'm waiting on it to charge..
Plug in the radio, hit tools, then transceiver info

Will do. Got to wait on the laptop to charge a bit. What does it need to be?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
That's exactly what I have. Everything is an exact duplicate of the radio I just changed out, and the nx-220 portable I use.

My computer died right after my last program so I'm waiting on it to charge.. Will do. Got to wait on the laptop to charge a bit. What does it need to be?

Looking for 5.x, the latest is 5.21 now.
But do check the zone edit like MM stated.

I recall this was a bug in earlier version of 4.x

jcefd10

One second and I'll fire my computer back up.

Where does one obtain firmware? I've never had a reason to ever update firmware on any of my radios.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Oh, forgot to say, press menu and hold, power up and it should show firmware K x.xx.xx

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
My computer died right after my last program so I'm waiting on it to charge.. Will do. Got to wait on the laptop to charge a bit. What does it need to be?

I would suggest reading the radio, then go inside and plug in your laptop and do the changes you need, then go out to write. No need to stay connected once you read the radio.

jcefd10

I would suggest reading the radio, then go inside and plug in your laptop and do the changes you need, then go out to write. No need to stay connected once you read the radio.
That's what I've been doing.
What do I need to change in the zone edit page?

jcefd10

I this is what I have so far
fb5197fbab6dd18d20eda9ca7c1e548f.jpg

jcefd10

It's on 2.84.00 firmware...little old huh?? Lol

danielhp89

Not sure without trying it mixed but you may need to set your channel spacing to very narrow and you are going to have to set it to very narrow on your NXDN only channels.

jcefd10

Not sure without trying it mixed but you may need to set your channel spacing to very narrow and you are going to have to set it to very narrow on your NXDN only channels.
I dont have that option as it sits right now. On mixed anyway. Only wide and narrow.

jcefd10

Any particular instructions needed to flash firmware?? Cant say I've ever done it before. I'll search for instructions as well.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Press and hold menu button, power on mobile, firm 115200 will display, run fpro , select the file I sent, and click write.

jcefd10

Being dumb.... What's fpro? Ive got the radio on program 115200

Status
Not open for further replies.