• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

kenwood tk3312,3180 and 440 ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
hi all
Can anyone tell me if the 3312 and 3180 will program down to the 440 band ? There is a lower band split but I am seeing alot of the 450-512 band splits.

Also if I choose to buy new am I stuck going to the local dealer? If not who has good deal?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Check with your local dealer if he will deal with hams

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
My 3312 is in the lower split so I'm not sure if the 450- one will. If you don't have a local dealer (or don't like them) contact Evans (efm above) and he is a good dealer that will sell to hams. But they always encourage you to go through your local one if you have one.

Are you looking for the lower split and not having any luck finding them or do you have a 450- already?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
On the TK-3180…

I have a high split UHF.
The KPG-89 is going to complain about anything below 450MHz, but it'll take the frequency.

I programmed mine down to 440.000 and it appears to work, but I haven't put it on any test equipment to see how well it really is working.

Radio to radio, it will vary, some might have the VCO unlock at different points than others.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Not seeing many used k2s out there. Thinking of selling all my moto radios and get new commercial equipment for a change. Kenwood look good, I have herd good things from firefighters about the 2180s. need a full keypad for allstar so the 3312 could work but id rather have the full keyboard , so the 3180. Want to get one VHF and one UHF,
2180, 3180. Common battery and chargers etc is what I'm thinking about. Software is redily available and relatively inexpensive.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
And, the TK-x180 portables share accessories with the newer NX-x10 portables.

The TK-x180's have been discontinued, so you'll have to find new, old stock from a dealer.

Decent used ones are out there. I needed a single TK-3180 for a work project (testing radio) and I picked it up from one of my dealers. Came with a new battery, antenna, and they ran it on their analyzer. I think I paid $280, but I had it next day (which is what I really needed) and had a known good working radio.

If you have the budget, don't over look the NX-3000 series. While they are new, and not many on the used market, they will do analog as well as DMR -OR (not "and") NXDN depending on how you program it. Only does one digital mode at a time.
A lot of features. Software won't be free, though.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
But won't cost a arm or leg for software either.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Ive used both 3312 and 3180 down to 440 with no real issues. Also the 8180 mobile also. I need radios capable of 490 split so I usually get the high version.

Status
Not open for further replies.