• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Autodial in KPG-112dn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxLobo

Working on a TK-5220.

as I understand the software:

1. program the channel and tone and name the channel
2. Under the DTMF edit set "Autodial" - the name of the action and program in my cap codes.
3. then under key assignment, choose a button as "Autodial" action

Write it back to the radio. When the user selects the channel, then presses the assigned autodial button to pull up the coding, all they have to do is Tx and it sends the tones.

I'm not finding much on help files on this software, so my apologies if I get some shaking their heads at me, I'm still learning.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Working on a TK-5220.

as I understand the software:

1. program the channel and tone and name the channel
2. Under the DTMF edit set "Autodial" - the name of the action and program in my cap codes.
3. then under key assignment, choose a button as "Autodial" action

Write it back to the radio. When the user selects the channel, then presses the assigned autodial button to pull up the coding, all they have to do is Tx and it sends the tones.

I'm not finding much on help files on this software, so my apologies if I get some shaking their heads at me, I'm still learning.

Kind of at a loss here, but your on the right track, what is it your trying to accomplish?

TxLobo

Kind of at a loss here, but your on the right track, what is it your trying to accomplish?

Sorry about that...

I have a field tech that needs to test the EWMS alert sirens, in order to do that he needs to have his portable send / broadcast the tones while he is at a siren.

I think it's the autodial function in the software, but I'm not finding much documentation online.

I program the tones in the autodial function, then use a button on the radio to select that autodial, then when he keys up the portable it sends the tones?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that...

I have a field tech that needs to test the EWMS alert sirens, in order to do that he needs to have his portable send / broadcast the tones while he is at a siren.

I think it's the autodial function in the software, but I'm not finding much documentation online.

I program the tones in the autodial function, then use a button on the radio to select that autodial, then when he keys up the portable it sends the tones?

Most likely, yes, why not hot keypad and just punch the dtmf manually?
autodial:
PTT and then SOFT KEY THE AUTODIAL and it will send the tones.

TxLobo

Most likely, yes, why not hot keypad and just punch the dtmf manually?
autodial:
PTT and then SOFT KEY THE AUTODIAL and it will send the tones.

The model of radio that he has only has the standard buttons instead of the DTMF pad. Thanks for the validation! I can test it with a dummy load, but I will need to do a live test with it... and him too of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.