• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tk2180 emergency button

Status
Not open for further replies.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
Hey yall trying to program my emergency button but can't remember how to do it. Anyone program this before that can help me out

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Key assignment list

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I've programmed them, what sort of issues are you experiencing?

Also, the button can be programmed to do a number of functions, "Emergency" is just one of them. Even under the emergency tab, there are a lot of options.

njffemt08

Was emtfirebug14
Premium Subscriber
I am looking to basically set it as an emergency tone in case I'm in a situation where I may not be able to physically key up on radio. I would like to be able to just push a button and the personality channel remains open for a set duration where audio can be heard

danielxgame

Hey yall trying to program my emergency button but can't remember how to do it. Anyone program this before that can help me out

you need to set up in AUX key select EMERGENCY, then used the fleetsync for it. then set in in emergency information your duration, in my option i set up the emergency cycles by number not infinite also set the emergency mode to audible you can set up also the text.

if you are using 2180 you can set up also caller ID for it so that you know whos key up and asking for emergency.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Really? Mine has mdc 1200, I guess it's the option board or firmware unless it's fleetsync and they just called it mdc1200

danielxgame

Really? Mine has mdc 1200, I guess it's the option board or firmware unless it's fleetsync and they just called it mdc1200

oh im here in canada maybe US version has, but if you used have emergency set up, i rather use the fleetsyn more option than MDC

danielxgame

MDC1200 on the TK-x180 line is a firmware upgrade for most radios.

correct me if im wrong, but im using KPG-89D for x180 even i upgrade the firmware for the radio if your software dont have MDC-1200 you can't set up also the radio. im using MDC is just plain and simple caller ID but more than that i used fleetsync.

danielxgame

You'd need to upgrade both the KPG-89 and the radio firmware to access the MDC-1200 functions.

sorry i been mix up, i ddnt notice that you need to select between Fleet or MDC if you select in the model portion and signalling. is been long time i never program the x180 anyway, the topic before is about emergency, i just focused for it, like i said is more option in fleetsyn than MDC,

i open topic about emergency for shutdown, but im using KAP 2 for accessories relay inside the RADIO
but i wan to know more about accessories output in the radio. with out using KAP 2, maybe theres a programming that can activate the accessories at the back of the radio.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
sorry i been mix up, i ddnt notice that you need to select between Fleet or MDC if you select in the model portion and signalling. is been long time i never program the x180 anyway, the topic before is about emergency, i just focused for it, like i said is more option in fleetsyn than MDC.

While not the TK-x180 series, I have a NX-700 and NX-200 and the NX-x00 series you select MDC-1200 or FleetSyc signalling per zone. You can have one zone MDC1200 and another zone Fleetsyc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
sorry i been mix up, i ddnt notice that you need to select between Fleet or MDC if you select in the model portion and signalling. is been long time i never program the x180 anyway, the topic before is about emergency, i just focused for it, like i said is more option in fleetsyn than MDC,

i open topic about emergency for shutdown, but im using KAP 2 for accessories relay inside the RADIO
but i wan to know more about accessories output in the radio. with out using KAP 2, maybe theres a programming that can activate the accessories at the back of the radio.

Not much you can do with MDC1200 on these. As you said, FleetSync has more capabilities.

"Extended Function" "AUX" tab would be a place to look at output and input options for the rear connector.

Also,
You'd need to go under the "Model" tab for the radio and select MDC1200 or FleetSync for the specific radio. The radio will only do one or the other, not both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.