• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-7180 brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDOXF

Feed Provider
Yesterday my TK-7180 used for receive only failed to power up. It has power and ignition sense is disabled . Speaker does appear to pop if power is reconnected but will not power on. It's remote mounted so have yet to pull it. Any thoughts or things to check?

Do you have a volt meter to see if you are getting power to the unit?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
As discombobulated said, make sure the remote cable is seated, also check the ribbon cables under the KRK-10 adapters.

Check your power connections to. While it may be getting voltage, make sure there isn't a current supply issue. Corrosion, loose connection, etc.

KDOXF

Feed Provider
All ribbon cables seated and still nothing. Pulled from truck and put back together without remote mount cable with ribbon terminal down etc and still nothing. Also out of truck test was with a power supply so remote cable and power issues possibility eliminated.

Last edited:
You can open it up and check the fuse if you feel you are capable. Right beside where the red wire attatches to the board is the fuse. Check it for continuity.
41a705a4f4c37d9cfd0d27dde00d1986.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

KDOXF

Feed Provider
D801 should have quite a bit of resistance correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.