• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5200 LMC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SARRG

I have been unable to activate DMR and other features on the 5200.

The LMC shows the license as used on the left side of the screen but I never get an activation complete message and the radio does not show the feature enabled when I do a refresh. The radio also does not have the feature enabled.

Any ideas on what is happening here?

Are the license files .jkefr radio specific ie different for mobile or portable? How would you tell the difference?

I have now tried this on two different portables with the same result.

While waiting for Kenwood to respond on this was wondering if it could be a mobile vs portable license file issue or what else I might try.

Thanks

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
So you pushed it to the radio but it never showed up. But it shows in the radio when you check it.

I get this every month.
Something other than a pure windows pc was used, it was either a MAC, or Virtual Machine.
Both which will screw you up.

Use a pure windows PC and activate it.
If you have two seats, take that second seat, put it on a pure windows PC, and reactivate it. It's in the radio, just needs a true PC environment to be activated.

People, do not, for what ever you feel is your good doing, use anything other than a pure windows machine to activate licenses. Period. No Mac's, no VM, No parallels, no linux, no Ubuntu, if it's not pure windows with LMC, it will fail. Period. So stop it, please.

By the way, this is the 20th case of hearing this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
As to mobile and portable, no difference.
Only platform, 3000 or 5000 file.

If you have 3000 series files, when you refresh after hooking up the radio, you will only see 3000 series keys.
Same goes with the 5000.

Does not matter where it goes, mobile or portable, it counts as one license used.

Evans

SARRG

Thanks Evans.

Yup, you’re right. The CPS works fine but clearly not the LMC.

I got started down this erroneous path not being able to get my pure Win10 PC to even recognize the USB driver. Win10 on my Mac worked so went that route.

So you’re saying the license was written to the radio just not activated in the radio ? I do not see it in either the right side of the LMC or on the radio itself.

If I get the LMC going on a pure PC, can I deactivate the license to get them back to re write to the radios?

Also any issue with setting up the LMC on another computer? Guess I just have to use the account file again?

Thanks for the confirmation on the feature license files themselves.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
You will see it in the local activation tab.

But yes, just use the pure windows PC and refresh, then activate. Activation seat has to match what you did on the other pc to work.

Just click refresh, then activate.

Thanks Evans.

Yup, you’re right. The CPS works fine but clearly not the LMC.

I got started down this erroneous path not being able to get my pure Win10 PC to even recognize the USB driver. Win10 on my Mac worked so went that route.

So you’re saying the license was written to the radio just not activated in the radio ? I do not see it in either the right side of the LMC or on the radio itself.

If I get the LMC going on a pure PC, can I deactivate the license to get them back to re write to the radios?

Also any issue with setting up the LMC on another computer? Guess I just have to use the account file again?

Thanks for the confirmation on the feature license files themselves.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.