• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Question - Custom Startup Screen, Bitmap Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dapaq2

KPG111 within the programming software... Optional Features-> Common Page 2-> Power On-> Custom Start Up Screen-> Bitmap File. I am seeing a logo displayed in the small box. I like the logo and would like to make a backup copy of but do NOT have the ORIGINAL Bitmap file. I only have what is in the .dat file, does anyone know if there is anyway to extract the bitmap file from this .dat file and put it a copy onto my computer?

Thank you,
Doug

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Take a photo so I can see it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
basically it was a bitmap image of the NS logo with the stallion head.
I made a replacement for him.

RR wont allow it to be uploaded as a bmp.
I uploaded the jpeg of it however.

Making bmp for nx-x00 series radios:

Edit > Optional Features > Optional Features 1 > Common Page 2 > Power-on
Bitmap File

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitmap File allows you to select a file name in the bitmap format which will appear on the transceiver LCD for 2 seconds during power-up.

Range:
File name with a maximum of 20 alphanumeric characters having an extension of ".bmp".

Default:
Blank

Note:

A monochrome image with a maximum of 48 pixels (height) x 120 pixels (wide) (NX-200/ NX-200G/ NX-203/ NX-210/ NX-210G/ NX-300/ NX-300G/ NX-303/ NX-410 and NX-411 only) or 24 pixels (height) x 132 pixels (wide) (NX-700/ NX-700H/ NX-800/ NX-800H/ NX-900 and NX-901 only) can be preconfigured for the transceiver.
The selected image will be stored along with the KPG-111DN data file.
Unchecking the Custom Start-up Screen checkbox disables Bitmap File.
Changing a model name from NX-200/ NX-200G/ NX-203/ NX-210/ NX-210G/ NX-300/ NX-300G/ NX-303/ NX-410/ NX-411/ NX-700/ NX-700H/ NX-800/ NX-800H/ NX-900/ NX-901 or vice versa automatically clears configuration for Bitmap File.
This function can be configured for a transceiver having firmware version 1.11 or later.

Attachments

• NS_logo.JPG
    NS_logo.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 164

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
There is no manual on how to do these, you have to be computer savy and know how to work MS Paint,
and trial and error, size HAS TO MATCH or 111, D1, D3 or any of the other KPG programs that allow you to make you own startups.

Have Fun!

GVFD620

its been awhile on this thread but I am really having trouble creating this is it possible for you to explain this process. I tried this got it to right size but still wont work is it to much????

Attachments

• logo for radios.jpg
    logo for radios.jpg
    568.8 KB · Views: 28

danielxgame

its been awhile on this thread but I am really having trouble creating this is it possible for you to explain this process. I tried this got it to right size but still wont work is it to much????
do it in paint brush, but you need to be patient, to you must know the bitmap size of the radio 1st, then resize your logo and save it .bmp
if you dont know how to do it just message me.. i made already your logo but i cannot attach file anyway just send me a message i will send it you..

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
As mentioned above, set your bitmap image to the exact pixel dimensions for the model display used. Convert it to monochrome (1 bit). There should be no color or grayscale in the image.

I took your jpeg and converted it. KPG-111D took it just fine.display.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.