• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

KAS10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysterAitch

Hi

I've been tasked with doing some development using the KAS10 KML output as a data feed (similar to the Google Earth integration) and it's going reasonably well, but there is a bit of a kerfuffle in getting hold of some specs and/or access to the relevant servers to extract some sample data to extrapolate from.

Does anybody have any guidance where specs can be found for the KAS10 KML output please? Alternatively, is there some sample data showing a range of actions/activities/behaviours that they would be willing to share please? Positions etc zeroed out for anonymity if desired is fine - I'm more interested in the format and the fields available than the actual content.

Of particular interest is whether KAS10 includes only identifiers and positioning data, or does it also include any other useful data messages too (e.g. power on/off, sos alarms, text/status messages, etc)?

Also I get the impression that the output file is a continuously updated "point-in-time" data, where not monitoring/refreshing the file frequently enough might lead to missing (not "seeing") data. Is this actually the case, or might there be some logs that can be accessed?

Happy to consider data feeds other than KAS10 KML output if given a recommendation or two.

Assuming this goes anywhere, I'm happy to share progress back to the community of course :)

Cheers

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Really, the KML is parsed local to the hard drive (folder you chose to send it to), other than that, the
hard code for it you may have to look into the Google earth documentation of how to parse it into KML.

I don't see anything of use for you from the manual on KAS-10, it's pretty much data comes into the program, and it jets lined to the info, and when the icon is updated, it is pushed out through the kml .dll thread that is in the program language of kas-10.

No real documentation on the program that I can get my hands on from Kenwood, I can ask, but doubt I will get anywhere with the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.