• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK705 & 805

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5KVV

So I picked up a stack of baby kenwoods, 705's & 805's some are "D" models and some are non "D" models.

All are in good working order on their original frequencies. Plan is to disperse them to local hams.

I'm having a heck of a time communicating with these little rigs. I'm using KPG-6D v1.30 on an old slow DOS only computer. I've programmed hundreds of radios on it with no problem. My cable is a generic, but again, no issues on everything from TK-730's to TK-7360's to TKR-750's.

Is there a trick to making these communicate? Programming mode or similar? I get a "cable disconnect" every time I try to read or write a radio. I know these are FPP if certain jumpers are moved around. If the jumpers inside are set for FPP does it null out using KPG?

Any help is appreciated. They will go to good homes.

WRCM

AFAIK you can still use the programming cable with it jumpered for FPP.
Perhaps you can FPP one of them, then clone the rest from that one. That way you wouldn't need the computer.

EWC_BDN

The 705 has a programming mode you have to enter. Try holing Mon and AUX down when you turn the radio on. keep holding for two seconds. The display should read PC - C. I has been a long time, but the process is similar to what i described. I have only done this twice before and it was a year or two ago.

Good luck. I use the same cable i use on TK-7360 or TKR-750 and such. works fine.

With Dos stuff, sometimes a modern PC and a radio just won't get along, but hopefully putting the radio into PC programming mode solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.