• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EF Johnson 5100 Model Number Decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjl13

QRT
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a few EF Johnson 5100's, I know they are UHF but I'd like to get specific details off of the model number.
The model number is 242-512B-440KA6, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for reading,
Kyle

ecps92

I would google the phrase

"ef johnson 5100 model decoder"

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a few EF Johnson 5100's, I know they are UHF but I'd like to get specific details off of the model number.
The model number is 242-512B-440KA6, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for reading,
Kyle

AD0TY

Direct from the EFJ dealer page:

Hardware
242 Number 242512B440KA6
Series _5100
Model Model2
Frequency UHF
Intrinsically Safe No
Immersion No
Options
Other
Full Keypad Support
STAR Roaming (Omni-link)
Conventional Vote Scan
Multi-Key Disable
Software Control
DES-OFB Encryption
512 Talk Groups/Channels
System
Project 25 Trunking
Protocol
Analog FM Conventional
Project 25 Digital CAI

kjl13

QRT
I looked at it and it does not give exact info, and some info that it should include is not listed unfortunately.

AD0TY

That’s all the information you’re ever going to get with that model number. I’m not sure what else you’re wanting to know, but that’s all that model number can give you. With the serial number I can tell you a little more.

AD0TY

If you want to PM me the serial number or post it in this thread I can tell you everything EFJ knows about that radio, including which options it legally has (there are people who have the software to enable and disable features), who originally purchased it, when it was purchased, and its depot history.

kjl13

QRT
If you want to PM me the serial number or post it in this thread I can tell you everything EFJ knows about that radio, including which options it legally has (there are people who have the software to enable and disable features), who originally purchased it, when it was purchased, and its depot history.

Sure, the serial number for one of them is 5121G1011C32543.

I have been trying to figure out how to factory reset it; happen to know how? I have the programming software with a programming cable as well.

Regards,
Kyle

AD0TY

Here is everything EFJ has on that radio, if the options differ from what is listed here, someone has turned them on without authorization from Johnson.

Hardware
Model 242-512B-440KA6
FCC ID ATH2425131
IC 933B-2425131
RF Deck PN796PGE01AA
Serial 9608241
ESN F051211011032543
MAC Address 0008B8000000

Software
SEM 3.4
DSP 4.20.0
Boot 6.7
Flash 6.14.5
Loaded using Express Updater 6.14.5
RCF File 5100xx_UHF_380.rcf
Loaded using PCConfigure 2.16.3

Options
Other
Full Keypad Support
STAR Roaming (Omni-link)
Conventional Vote Scan
Multi-Key Disable
Software Control
DES-OFB Encryption
512 Talk Groups/Channels
System
Project 25 Trunking
Protocol
Analog FM Conventional
Project 25 Digital CAI

Warranty Info
SO Y381454-1 Line 0028
PO 59-001622 (3/31/2011)
Warranty SO Y381454-1
Expiration 6/22/2012 Expired

The radio was sent in for repair in July of 2012 because it wouldn't transmit. The service center replace the housing.

As far as "defaulting" it, you just overwrite the codeplug with a new one.

kjl13

QRT
Status
Not open for further replies.